Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2011 11:03:47 AM EDT
I am working on an upcoming game for iOS (iPhone + iPad) and desktop browser.  The game will be a top down shooter and will feature a modern day setting.  What we want are gun experts/enthusiasts opinions on what guns we should have in the game.  The expected total number of weapons will likely reach 25-28 weapons, and include (starting with the most guns) AR's, SMG's LMG's, shotguns and pistols (least amount of guns).   I am by no means very knowledgeable about modern day weapons, so the current list was just arbitrarily chosen by myself.

What were looking for:
We want awesome looking weapons, but also a great variety so people will be encouraged to play longer and unlock new weapons.  We want the coolest, or even the most unusual variants of popular weapons, hopefully even some that haven't been seen in a video game before.  We are also only looking for real, military or police used weapons.  No grenade launchers, rpgs, etc... only guns which fire bullets for now.  Also no sniper rifles or bolt action weapons, since the game is a top down dual-stick shooter there won't be much long range action, just up close and personal.

Current Weapon List:  (help us revise/add to this!)

Assualt Rifles
AK-47

AK-74u

M4A1

M16

XM8

Steyr AUG

FN F2000

FN SCAR-L

HK G3

HK G36

SIG SG-550

Sub Machine Guns

Steyr TMP

HK MP5

HK MP7A1

HK UMP 45

UZI

Ingram MAC10

P90

Shotguns

Benelli M3

Jackhammer

USAS-12

Machine Guns

RPK

HK 23

M249 SAW

M60

Pistols

Desert Eagle

Beretta 92

HK USP / HK 45

Glock 19

Colt 1911
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
MK18 style?
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Sabre LSR-50?

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
SR-47 and you might as well be the first game maker to do away with the impractical DE for the equally silly Taurus Judge.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]
XM-25 would be awesome.  It certainly was when it was in BF 2142.

Kel-Tec bullpup shotgun.

Sig P226.

ACR.

Lever action .30-30 or something.

Elephant gun.

Sig 552.

AK-103 or other 100-series.

DMR of some kind.

FN-FAL.

.410 handgun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
No love for the Saiga 12?

I agree that you should get rid of the DE, The Judge or Governor would be a good (ridiculous) alternative.  I think the Desert Eagle in video games is just played out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
10mm M4A1 pulse rifle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The new Kel-Tech Bullpup shotgun. You guys will be the first to put it into a game.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/12/kel-tec-ksg-shotgun-video/

Mossberg Chainsaw Shotung. You guys will be the first to put it into a game.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/21/photos-of-the-mossberg-chainsaw/

Knight Armament Chainsaw SAW. You guys will be the first to put it into a game.

http://www.google.com/search?q=knight+armament+chainsaw&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Taurus 28 Gauge Raging Judge Revolver

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/19/taurus-28-gauge-raging-judge-revolver/

The new experimental Rem 700 rifle by AAC.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/21/aac-super-cool-suppressed-rifle/
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The next Call of Duty will have dual weilding Mossberg Chainsaws.

...Actually the chainsaw carbines on GoW would be bad ass in CoD multiplayer.

OP, any updates on the game development?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That new Kel-tec shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The next Call of Duty will have dual weilding Mossberg Chainsaws.

...Actually the chainsaw carbines on GoW would be bad ass in CoD multiplayer.

OP, any updates on the game development?

Game development is going well.  The gun models are almost complete and they're looking pretty sweet.  I switch the Sig SG-550 for the 552, and removed the XM8 for the ACR.  I think I will reserve a few weapons listed in this thread for the first content addition that will come sometime soon after the game is released.  Specifically that Taurus Judge would be pretty sweet in the game as a bonus weapon, as well as a few of the shotguns listed.  

There is a really early gameplay prototype that is up for the public to play if anyone is interested in trying it.  It's really early stuff so everything was just placeholder art that we got for free of the net for the time being, this was really just to test out the multiplayer lag compensation in real world conditions.   http://invulse.com/shooterprototype/WebPlayer.html .  I've left the dedicated server up and running so people can play if they wish.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for names for the game please post.  I am completely stumped on it right now, everything I come up with sounds really cliche for this genre of games.   There really isn't any story at this point since its multiplayer only right now, but it features a special forces/swat team side and a non-islamic US based terrorist organization as the opposing force.  The maps will be us based locations like, banks, office buildings, warehouses, etc....  Who knows we may end up using someone suggestion in the final title!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont care what guns there are as long as you make them as realistic as possible.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Larue Tactical OBR .556 & 7.62 and a Kimber 1911 45ACP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#13]
You have a gun that never went into production (XM8), but no ACR (what the XM8 should have been)?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]
you have a lot of common guns, its tough putting ones people never played as everyone expects the standard ones.

but here is a few.  this is in the ak family but looks cool.  Valmet

amd-63 or 65

this is a airsoft copy, but has lot of detail

Beretta AR70/90    the 90 has the folding stock

cz805
cz

South African Raptor
raptor rifle

just a few ideas for something looks a little diff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
oops double post
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#16]
So is it going to be like gun brothers?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So is it going to be like gun brothers?

It will be similar yes.  It will even be free to play like Gun Bros, but will have competitive multiplayer!  Hopefully the first online top down shooter for iOS when it comes out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#18]
KRISS Super V (with and without suppressor) instead of the UMP

MK48 instead of M60

Add Winchester 1897 Trench with slam fire function––NVM too old for what you want

Smith and wesson 500 magnum instead of Deagle

Browning Hi power––maybe too old for your intent

FNP Tactical

Tromix Saiga Conversion 12 ga shotgun

or Redjacket suppressed Saiga Converstion

either with drum

RPD instead of RPK

or better yet

or

blingified AK

Bizon 9mm SMG w/ 64 rd helical magazine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top