Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 5:42:56 PM EDT
I'm uhhh PRACTICING, yeah! That's it, practicing for the big day and I'm having a heckuva time separating my peel washer for FH timing.
There is definitely a groove encircling the edges. I have tried whacking it with a jewelers screwdriver but the two pieces won't separate.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'll be damned.
I took a lighter to it to heat it up a little (I do this with most stuck metal parts) and
the thing fell apart into two pieces...and then six...and then another eight pieces.
Huh!

So THATS why they call them 'peel' washers.
(Feelin' like an ass here.)

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
get a crush washer
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a sharp knife to seperate the layers. Set the knife edge on the area you want it to break and lightly tap until it starts to split apart.
I tried the crush washer on my rifle but the A2 flash hider wouldn't turn enough to where it was needed. It was at least 1/4 turn off. Back to peal washers for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top