Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:02:28 PM EDT
Got a real quick question:

I won an auction on a shotgun from Gunbroker. I had my local FFL dealer send a signed copy to the FFL dealer that had the firearm. That FFL dealer shipped the gun to my local FFL.

But my local FFL says that he cannot transfer the gun to me because he does not have a signed copy of the OTHER guy's FFL license. This is the 5th auction I have done, and to my knowledge the sending dealer has NEVER included a signed copy of their FFL licence.

Is he telling the truth here or is he jerking my chain??

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I won an auction on a shotgun from Gunbroker. I had my local FFL dealer send a signed copy to the FFL dealer that had the firearm. That FFL dealer shipped the gun to my local FFL.

But my local FFL says that he cannot transfer the gun to me because he does not have a signed copy of the OTHER guy's FFL license. This is the 5th auction I have done, and to my knowledge the sending dealer has NEVER included a signed copy of their FFL licence.

He is jerking your chain and does NOT know what the law requires.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is jerking your chain and does NOT know what the law requires.

+1

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
just teller your dealer to look in the Q&A of his green book.  Sad but, true most FFLs do not know the laws.

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top