Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:48:41 PM EDT

"I'm trying really hard not to do that (demonize or label those with whom they disagree), and to consider carefully what you say and what you might be thinking/feeling to lead you to say it.  I hope you'll do the same, considering, for example, how the privilege you have as a white, straight male might influence your perspective."
View Quote

I was just told that I, as a white, straight male have some sort of privilege.
Can someone please tell me what 'privilege' I  (or anyone else like me) has because I am failing to understand it?

NOTE: this is NOT intended in any way to be inflammatory. It is an actual and legitimate question. Aside from the normal ARFcom/GD smart ass comments which are to be expected, I would like to refrain from anything other than trying to answer the actual question above. Let's keep it clean and stick to the CoC on this one. No bans either please.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The way I understand it, a privilege has to be granted.  Usually by a gov't.

So, if you have a privilege, and this privilege is harmful to society, it is the gov'ts fault.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Rather than trying to figure it out, roll with it.  Enjoy that job and over time, cocaine and pussy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Store security doesn't follow you around,  clerks don't expect you to pay with food stamps, cops don't cuff you every time you get pulled over.  The list goes on.

People aren't suprised when you speak correctly.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
"Privilege" is the opposite of "minority" (which includes women). The less minority attributes you have, the more privilege you have. Race, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, level of fitness, genetics, and any number of other things can be "privilege". The less privilege someone has, the more credible they are to liberals. It's a way to discredit people who aren't part of the progressive movement by implying their reasoning is unsound. A privileged person cannot see past their privilege, and therefore can't perceive the truth of the world.

That's what it is. Why it is, on the other hand, is another discussion.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
There's really no point in engaging in a conversation with people that talk like that. They just view the world as one giant oppressor, constantly seeking new things to be oppressed by and shit.

Fuck em, they're not worth your time or energy. There was an article released today stating "Asking someone to explain privilege is an act of oppression"

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Privilege" is the opposite of "minority" (which includes women). The less minority attributes you have, the more privilege you have. Race, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, level of fitness, genetics, and any number of other things can be "privilege". The less privilege someone has, the more credible they are to liberals. It's a way to discredit people who aren't part of the progressive movement by implying their reasoning is unsound. A privileged person cannot see past their privilege, and therefore can't perceive the truth of the world.

View Quote

THIS.

This makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Most people who would use that term are too lazy to understand what they think they actually mean.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Store security doesn't follow you around,  clerks don't expect you to pay with food stamps, cops don't cuff you every time you get pulled over.  The list goes on.

View Quote

This

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
It's the language of victims.

Winners don't look at external factors as having an impact on their success. Laugh at the losers.

Don't like my privilege? Catch up to me and you can do something about it. Until then, you're simply a source of amusement.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got all the privilege, by the way. I check my privilege by literally going down a checklist.

? White
? Man
? Straight
? Christian
? Thin
? Tall
? Rich (make too much to get assistance)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If everybody is a victim you are privileged. It doesn't matter what they are victim off and it doesn't matter what privilege you have
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#13]
It makes people who lead shitty lives, because they made piss-poor choices, feel better if they can blame your whiteness, and straightness, for their failure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]
how some have tried to argue with me is that the privilege exist because white people are born in to wealthier families and better neighborhoods and therefore get a better education/nutrition and attention from their parents and also are more likely to get a better job because the nation is run by good ole boys.

so basically the argument was that the color of your skin predetermines socioeconomic class and the capability of your parents.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Serious answer: you take for granted that you can go on one date and and not be raped. You can walk down the street and not be verbally harassed. No one assumes you're the hired help, or that you only got the job because of you skin color or the fact that you slept with the boss. That no one dismisses your opinion strictly because of your gender or race. If your mad about something, no one assumes it's just that time of the month. Those are little perks of being a white male that you don't even realize are perks. That is your "privilege".

Now whether someone chooses to make make a big deal out of a lot of that or not depends on whether they realize that life happens and shit ain't ever going to be fair, or if they want to get their panties wadded over every little thing.

GD answer: just start screaming MATRIARCHY in their face until they go away.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
It's made-up bullshit designed to make white people feel guilty when they haven't done anything wrong.

It's all fun and games to support it until there are real consequences that negatively impact all white people, including the ones supporting this BS. Watch how quickly they change their tune when they suffer some kind of inconvenience in the name of social justice.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I just tell them that white male privilege comes with white male responsibility.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Serious answer: you take for granted that you can go on one date and and not be raped. You can walk down the street and not be verbally harassed. No one assumes you're the hired help, or that you only got the job because of you skin color or the fact that you slept with the boss. That no one dismisses your opinion strictly because of your gender or race. If your mad about something, no one assumes it's just that time of the month. Those are little perks of being a white male that you don't even realize are perks. That is your "privilege".

Now whether someone chooses to make make a big deal out of a lot of that or not depends on whether they realize that life happens and shit ain't ever going to be fair, or if they want to get their panties wadded over every little thing.

View Quote

Mayhap you are dating the wrong people, or walking in the wrong neighborhood?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]
When you see someone paying for their groceries with an EBT card, then climbing into a brand new 6 series BMW convertible with the temp tags still on it. And realize that you go to work every day to help support this...That's privilege.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol what?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes creeps are good at camouflage and/or determining that prior to meeting someone (in the case of a blind/first date) would be sort of difficult.

And sometimes bad neighborhoods are unavoidable. Most hospitals, for instance, are not in good neighborhoods. Many young women work in hospitals. Sometimes it's not even in bad neighborhoods. Try walking down the beachfront road in Panama City, and see how many guys are catcalling random women on the street.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"I'm trying really hard not to do that (demonize or label those with whom they disagree), and to consider carefully what you say and what you might be thinking/feeling to lead you to say it.  I hope you'll do the same, considering, for example, how the privilege you have as a white, straight male might influence your perspective."
View Quote

I was just told that I, as a white, straight male have some sort of privilege.

Can someone please tell me what 'privilege' I  (or anyone else like me) has because I am failing to understand it?

NOTE: this is NOT intended in any way to be inflammatory. It is an actual and legitimate question. Aside from the normal ARFcom/GD smart ass comments which are to be expected, I would like to refrain from anything other than trying to answer the actual question above. Let's keep it clean and stick to the CoC on this one. No bans either please.

View Quote

Just crap from college commies with no aspiration to work for themselves.  They whine they don't have free college and free everything else.  The marxists team up with the anti establishment minority fringe.  They think they're geniuses for writing books and college courses spouting this silly nonsense.  You know because if it's in a college course it's totally legit right?

Newspeak marxists, ignore and carry on BUILDING a good life for you and yours.

ETA - oh, I'm sorry I wasn't answering your question in specifics.  Your whiteness and your maleness made your life so simple and easy.  Everyone made an effort to make you learn easily, your jobs were very easy to get because you were white.  If you were black you wouldn't have gotten an interview, your class teacher would have stopped her words from reaching your ears, they'd only reach white (and asian) kids.  

So your life was so easy you shouldn't mind some more taxes and such to cover free college education programs, jobs with no expectation of output, free school breakfasts, free housing,  free obama phones, a free car to go look for that job.  

Pap, for people that didn't apply themselves in school and couldn't get passed the street expectations to "fight" the system by not participating.   They can't admit many of them simply missed the chance in front of them out of spite.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Your whiteness gives you the privilege to have to score higher on exams to gain employment with certain government entities.
It also gives you the privilege to NOT be hired even though you are qualified, because you are the wrong color and quotas have to be met.
It allows you the privilege to not be eligible for certain scholarships and grants because of your sickitating whiteness

Need I go on?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Privilege in Liberal theology is a corollary to the Obamanist or broadly Democratic doctrine of unconditional victimhood which teaches that some of mankind (the Victims) are predestined by birth for salvation. Therefore, the remainder are left bound to their fallen nature and certain damnation. This same state of unbelief is also known as privilege. In Obamanist terminology, the non-victims are often referred to as the privileged. Similarly, when a sinner is so hardened as to not pay all their money and feel no remorse or misgiving of conscience, about their microagressions it is considered as a sign of privilege.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Privilege in Liberal theology is a corollary to the Obamanist or broadly Democratic doctrine of unconditional victimhood which teaches that some of mankind (the Victims) are predestined by birth for salvation. Therefore, the remainder are left bound to their fallen nature and certain damnation. This same state of unbelief is also known as privilege. In Obamanist terminology, the non-victims are often referred to as the privileged. Similarly, when a sinner is so hardened as to not pay all their money and feel no remorse or misgiving of conscience, about their microagressions it is considered as a sign of privilege.

So privilege is a sin?

That's a good explanation.

I like it!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's the language of victims.

Winners don't look at external factors as having an impact on their success. Laugh at the losers.

Don't like my privilege? Catch up to me and you can do something about it. Until then, you're simply a source of amusement.
View Quote

I understand the concept of "living well is the best revenge" but I have to ask....

Is it a source of amusement to you when they pick your pocket because they are too lazy to catch up to you and have leagues of progressive politicians and .gov drones to make it so?

I'm not a ARFCOM tycoon and every penny taken from me to support the lazy hurts so no, I don't find the whole thing to be amusing at all.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#27]
FBHO
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There's really no point in engaging in a conversation with people that talk like that. They just view the world as one giant oppressor, constantly seeking new things to be oppressed by and shit.

Fuck em, they're not worth your time or energy. There was an article released today stating "Asking someone to explain privilege is an act of oppression"

View Quote

link to article? i need to laugh
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I can lose my privilege by getting some 8-ball tatoos, a grill, wearing $300 shoes, and a cap sideways, pants around my ass and walk around saying "yo nigga" pointing to my wasteband? Because if I did that, store owners would follow me around and cops would cuff me... store security/cops/etc arent hassling some Carleton looking motherfucker dressed like an ivy league nerd.  They will follow around grungy crackhead looking white guys or wiggers depending on how wigger they are as well as ghetto goblins and thugs.

I"ll might pet a happy go lucky looking dog with his tongue out and tail wagging in the street, I probably wouldn't pet one that has a chain for a collar, glares at you and looks ready to attack at any moment.

odd how shit like that works.  Are you going to get slightly less of the benefit of the doubt as a black person, sure but its because thug life permeates black culture and portraits of black ppl in the media/entertainment/etc.  There is a legitmate threat for a decent percentage of ppl that dress and behave"Ghetto" so dont be surprised if you are treated that way if you or the friends you hang out with carry any of these traits.  I"m sure Juan Williams isn't concerned on the plane when sitting next to a business man or middle eastern kid with a justin beiber shirt on from the middle east as he is some dude in a turban and white dress clutching the Koran.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Did you have a father that raised you properly?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

depends which street.

yes they do.    

isn't that a major tennet in the whole concept of white privilege?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#32]
You have the privilege of working your ass off and giving money to the government so they can spunk it on free phones to people who won't work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

depends which street.

yes they do.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends which street.

yes they do.    

Not really, because affirmative action never handed out jobs to white males. It's more that their skin color wasn't a hindrance. Slight difference.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The way I understand it, a privilege has to be granted.  Usually by a gov't.

So, if you have a privilege, and this privilege is harmful to society, it is the gov'ts fault.
View Quote
Obamas fault plain and simple.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
52% of the world is female. Poor poor minority women...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not really, because affirmative action never handed out jobs to white males. It's more that their skin color wasn't a hindrance. Slight difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends which street.

yes they do.    

okay, I can see the distinction, but at the same time I'm having a tough time seeing the advantage in not having 'bonus points' re: hiring.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

okay, I can see the distinction, but at the same time I'm having a tough time seeing the advantage in not having 'bonus points' re: hiring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends which street.

yes they do.    

Because no one assumes you are unqualified for the job and simply strongarmed or slept your way into the position. No one discounts your thoughts, ideas, input, or contributions right off the bat. You will never hear your employees saying "they must have had a quota to fill" or "he must be fucking the boss."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't bother worrying about it.

If you ask them directly, the response you will get is "you won't even be able to see it, you aren't a brown person."

Quoted:

Because no one assumes you are unqualified for the job and simply strongarmed or slept your way into the position. No one discounts your thoughts, ideas, input, or contributions right off the bat. You will never hear your employees saying "they must have had a quota to fill" or "he must be fucking the boss."
View Quote

Yeah, because I CAN'T do those things.  I have to get everything the hard way, with everyone inspecting the entire road I took to make sure I didn't take any easy ways to get there.  I have to earn every single fucking step.  

EVERYONE should have to do it that way, and all of those comments are really just reflections of irritation that us folk that don't have any "easy road advantage" have for those people who do have those avenues available.

Which is why we should all just be on the same level when it comes to the law.  No advantages, no disadvantages.  The only thing looked at is the resume, qualifications, and interview responses.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
"White privilege" is simply the latest in the long line of racial hate speech aimed at whites by the liberal "anti-racists" who use selective indignation based solely on race.
I do not see the difference between the lefts modern use of 'white privilege' as a divisive race tool as the lefts use of 'Jewish privilege' 70 years ago in Germany. Same goes for the whole "racism" mantra which in itself is a dichotomy being that it's modern use was designed by Marxists to be used exclusively against whites as a silencing tool. That fact that it works so well on it's target race proves it has no bases in reality.
White privilege, just like past so called Jewish privilege is simply the lefts way punishing achievement (again). Societal members who have traditionally valued education, strong family ties and faith (all the keys that brought them societal success) are once again being labeled as "privileged" by those who consistently fail in society mostly do to their own laziness and failures.
A married mother and father working as role models, teaching their child which way to turn a screw, helping them with their homework, setting boundaries, instilling values is not 'privilege' it is achievement built by families. Which in all reality is what those lacking these societal attributes are attacking (traditional white families). Those in society who consistently fail simply lack achievement as in family achievement. A failure the left has helped to push as if their lifestyle choices were an attribute.
Compare that with true racial privilege...as in special race-based media protection, race-based college placement, race-based job placement, the list goes on, all based on skin color alone and for no other reason. A racial privilege having nothing to do with hard work or family. Now that is true racial privilege (black privilege).  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I got all you can eat breadsticks at the olive garden!  Thank you white privilege!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you everyone. I'm still reading and trying to digest all of the replies so far.
A little insight on the conversation that I left out originally.
This is a conversation with a cousin. Yeap, blood relative. Who would have guessed?

She is the daughter of my favorite uncle (now passed). My father's oldest brother. She is his oldest child.
My father was the youngest of six kids (that lived). I am the baby.

There is probably 20 years (or more) age difference between us. We are NOT close  (can you tell?).
But here's the thing. We are cousins from the same family. Neither her dad or my dad, or any of the rest of the family for that matter, lived a 'privileged' life of any sort.
My dad's family was dirt poor. However, my uncle went into the Army Aviation Cadet program in WWII and got his wings (and his commission) back in 44-45. He spent the next 33 years on active duty, so my cousin lived not only everywhere, but a bit of a 'privileged' life herself (the daughter of a commissioned officer, eventually pretty high ranking). He retired in 77 with full military honors (full parade and all). When he passed away, he was buried with full military honors.
My dad was a city fireman for 33 years. Despite 33 years of service, he retired with a rank of fireman. He wasn't a Lieutenant, a Captain, much less a Chief. He was a fireman. However, he worked for people that had only been there 8 or 9 years that were promoted to Chiefs due to quotas and affirmative action. Go figure.
Both her dad and my dad got to where they were through nothing but hard work. Same as my brother and I. No one has given us squat. And none of us live extravagantly. My dad made $44K a year after 33 freaking years. We lived a good, but modest life.

Despite being an honor student, I knew my college opportunities were limited. My family couldn't afford college. I put myself through school by working my ass off to get good grades, and then subjecting myself through a stringent acceptance process to gain entry into one of the military academies.

I certainly live a good life, and try to provide a better life my our children than I had, (what parent doesn't try to do that). It's a comfortable life for sure (earned through a lot of pain, suffering and hard work), but it still isn't extravagant.

Yet, I am 'privileged' somehow.

She was (I don't think she actively practices anymore) an ordained minister of some sort. I don't remember what denomination. This was back before most 'mainstream' denominations allowed females into roles such as this. She lives in Maine. I think she teaches at a college up there now. (University of Southern Maine). To say she is a left progressive learning moon bat would be an understatement.
I am really confused by what 'privilege' she thinks I, her own husband, son and/or brother have. I would like to know what 'privilege' she thinks her father or mine had.
She's pissed because I responded to one of her #lovewins freaking rainbow threads with what I thought was an honest, non-hateful explanation of my lack of jumping up and down and gladly climbing on board the rainbow bandwagon (which I will post below)

In the name of acceptance and toleration, it doesn't seem like anyone with a differing viewpoint is being well accepted in return without being told they are making themselves look stupid or perceived as being under control of fear-mongers. Perfect.

It seems also that if you aren't 100% on board with the decision, it is only because you are a gay hater and desiring to deprive gays of their rights. That seems to be the label lumped on any and all who disagree with the decision.

With all due respect.....

I, for one, am not happy with the decision, but not for the reason you would suspect. Personally, I could care less what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Regardless of whether it is what I would choose or whether I believe it to be right or wrong on moral grounds. However, I think everyone should be able to love whomever they choose. I have no problem with people enjoying the 'freedoms' of sharing private property, survivor rights, and making health care decisions. Personally, I have always thought that it was a shame that two people, in a committed relationship, could not be beneficiaries of one another's estates or make informed decisions regarding the care of the other.

My concern however is what precedent this decision sets in its application in the name of "equality". How will those who don't support this decision in whatever form be treated by our government? I believe this is a slippery slope for all of us, gay and straight alike.

There is GREAT concern. How will gay rights and religious rights be balanced? If you listened to any of the oral arguments when the case was presented to the court, or if you read any of the dissents, I think you would see that there is a very valid reason for many to be concerned.

Justice Roberts said this in his dissent:

"Hard questions arise when people of faith exercise religion in ways that may be seen to conflict with the new right to same-sex marriage—when, for example, a religious college provides married student housing only to opposite-sex married couples, or a religious adoption agency declines to place children with same-sex married couples. Indeed, the Solicitor General candidly acknowledged that the tax exemptions of some religious institutions would be in question if they opposed same-sex marriage.

There is little doubt that these and similar questions will soon be before this Court. Unfortunately, people of faith can take no comfort in the treatment they receive from the majority today."

The most ironic part of this to me is that these new found 'freedoms' simply means another part of our population requires subjecting themselves to further government licensing, regulations, restrictions, and oversight. That's a funny definition of freedom if you ask me.

But that isn't my point. I'm sorry if you don't see how this could affect not just you or I, but others. But that is truly what is at stake here. The problem with laws, legislation, and legal decisions is the unseen (but not necessarily unintended) consequences that come with them.

While I am happy that this decision has granted equality to gays, I believe there is a portion of this movement, a minority perhaps but some nonetheless, who will continue to push their agenda.

To me, this isn't about JUST same-sex marriage. It's about activism. Some in this country want to incite others in order to prompt a response. And when that response comes, the inciters will shout that they have been offended, insulted, injured or discriminated against in some way and the only acceptable actions will be the removal of rights and liberties of the incited..............or worse.

How will equality be determined? And for whom? Obviously, opposing viewpoints are being so well received, it gives reason for many of us to think 'not so well'. Funny thing how toleration is working so far. You either agree whole hardheartedly, or obviously you are a simple minded, hate filled bigot, amongst other derogatory names.

As I said before, I believe this is a slippery slope for all of us, gay and straight alike. Freedoms should not be taken from some in order to give to another.

If someone here can absolutely guarantee that this decision won't be used against others in order to persecute and deprive them of their rights, then I am more than willing to change my mind on this. However, I firmly believe, especially given the court's habit of legislating from the bench, that it will encroach on the rights of many. And that, in my opinion, is NOT acceptable. Ironically, it allows for the denial of rights to others, exactly opposite of what it was intended to do. See, like elections, laws and legal decisions also have consequences, and sometimes the real weight of those consequences isn't known or understood for some time. There are often times my unseen (although not always unintended) consequences that aren't visible on the surface.

Again, I have no problem with what's on the surface. It is what is buried beneath that gives me, and many others like me, reason to be concerned. I'm sorry if I don't share in your joy for this reason.

I pray you all are right and I and others are wrong. I truly do.

And by the way, I love my neighbor, gay and straight alike.

Sorry if we don't see eye to eye on this. I guess we will have to respectfully disagree for differing reasons.

Love you anyways and still!

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference." The Inner Life of Abraham Lincoln: Six Months at the White House by Francis B. Carpenter (Lincoln, Nebraska, University of Nebraska Press,

Maybe it was the Lincoln quote that set her off. I don't know. What I do know is ever since then, I have been the usual suspect; the gay hating, close minded, controlled by fear mongers, can't think for myself bigot.

LOL!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Women are demographically the majority on planet Earth. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
You have the privilege to bust your ass to feed, cloth and provide shelter for "single mother"  Laquisha's and her kids because their fathers won't.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#44]
"I'm trying really hard not to do that (demonize or label those with whom they disagree), and to consider carefully what you say and what you might be thinking/feeling to lead you to say it. I hope you'll do the same, considering, for example, how the privilege you have as a white, straight male might influence your perspective.
View Quote

That's pussy talk.  It translates loosely into "Punch me in the face hard and repeatedly."
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#45]
The only privilege I've had was to get up and go to work everyday so others wouldn't have to.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#46]
These threads are always funny.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#47]
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

depends which street.

yes they do.    

Okay, but I'll also never be hired to fill a quota, or get a promotion for fucking the boss.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Beats me.  I was on my way to a favorite restaurant the other night and noticed some straight, white males standing in front of a run down apartment complex.  Based on their clothing, dour expressions, and generally slovenly appearances, I wouldn't say they had any privilege whatsoever.

I felt sorry for the poor bastards.  The only thing missing was the "on way to LA with famly, broked down no munny fer food.  Please halp and God bles" sign.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top