Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 2:17:29 PM EDT
Someone on another board posted some gun control crap and I need some ammunition to shoot him down (figure of speech hehehehe).  Here is what I wrote:

"But, feel free to point me to real examples of where gun control actually works."

And this is what the troll wrote:

"England, other countries in Europe, S.Korea. In these countries, murder rates don't come close."
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask him to cite his sources for gun crime rates. Make sure they are crime rates only. Lots of times antis will mix other countries crime stats with our overall stats which contain both legal self defense and even police shootings. Then compare the rates per capita and see what he says.

Michael
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Switzerland- Virtual unregulated transfer of semi-auto firearms and pistols- No crime to speak of

Israel- Pleany of firearms posesion, yet more murders commmitted with knives per year.

In Norway, Silencers are permitted as a gun acessory, yet there has never been one used in a crime

New Zeland permits the folk to posess many firearms, all the way up to machine guns- Virtually no crime to speak of

There are others... brb.. lemme get some better examples-

Oh yeah. We have a dude here named Tuukka from Finland. Plenty of machine gun posession there.
Talk to him about crime rates.

We have a mod here named Kuiper from the Netherlands. AR15's and other hardware is permitted. Talk to him about crime rates.

The biggest lie is that no other countries permit firearms.
It's an anti-gunner tactic. that is based in warm, gooey bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Murder rate may have gone down, but overall crime increased such as, Robbery, Rapes, and muggings when guns were banned.

Here's a website that keeps tally on that. [url]www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/cjusew96.htm[/url] and also [url]www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/ijs.htm[/url]
Specific comparison US and UK is [url]www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/cjusew96.pr[/url]

Here's some stats from our own Feds [url]http://search.fedstats.gov/search97cgi/s97_cgi[/url] Some it doesn't help our cause though.

Oh and from personal experience:

CA = Restrictive gun laws.
Rampant home invasions and car jackings.

TX = Shall issue CCW and laxed gun-laws
No home invasions to speak off as well as car jackings.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Medical mistakes kill 9,000 times more people anualy then guns. Newsweek a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
"England, other countries in Europe, S.Korea. In these countries, murder rates don't come close."

sure, our murder rate is higher than a lot of countries, but most of it is from gang violence.  If we didn't have inner city gangstas killing each other, the murder rate would probably plummet.  Those of us that don't live in or close to the inner cities ain't got nothing to worry about.

England might have less murders, but CRIME is higher.  I think in some places, it's just a matter of time before your dwelling is burglarized.  One place I read said something like 1 in 4 citizens in England and Wales has been the victim of some crime.  And that's in ONE YEAR!  Personally, I don't know anyone that's been the victim of ANY crimes... in their WHOLE LIVES!!  

I feel safe that I, and my fellow law abiding citizens are allowed possesion of arms...  Everyone's safer when the badguys don't know who's armed!

M@
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Man I'm getting overrun with trolls.  Need some serious help here!  :)

If you guys want to help me out on this thread feel free.  You have to register on the bbs first though.  It's www.nachos.net under the "Dead Threads" section.  The name of the thread is "Gun and vest."
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.nachos.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=006705[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Someone on another board posted some gun control crap and I need some ammunition to shoot him down (figure of speech hehehehe).  Here is what I wrote:

"But, feel free to point me to real examples of where gun control actually works."

View Quote
Check out the essay I wrote [url]http://www.ar15.com/articles/article.html?article=33[/url] on English gun control laws.  England's homicide rate has ALWAYS been lower than ours, regardless of the gun control laws.  Now that they've essentially outlawed all handguns and severely restricted long guns their murder rate has been increasing.  If the trend continues of their rate increasing and ours decreasing (doubtful, but interesting nonetheless)the murder rates in the US and UK will equal about 2006.  Oh yeah, their VIOLENT CRIME RATE is HIGHER than ours.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

England has had a 40% increase in firearms related crime since it banned handguns. England's gun control laws only seem to work, because England in fact had low violent crime reates before it began instituting gun control. Most of England's gun control (prior to their latest laws) is based upon two laws designed to disarm the population to prevent a feared Marxist-style revolution. These laws were passed in the 1920s.

I don't know about Korea. Taiwan is an excellent example of failed gun control. Taiwan has a complete ban on private firearms, ruthlessly enfoced. Yet its firearms homicide rate is almost as high as ours--and its total homicide rate is higher. Violent crime such as rape, robbery, and home invasion robberies in particular are very, very common. Criminals know that their victims are unarmed, and the best efforts of a police state  fails to prevent criminals from obtaining firearms, despite the lack of a Bill of Rights and other restrictions on police powers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Carrots, I hate to differ with you, but my NZ contacts say their gun laws are about like Australia's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

We still get them, but I don't hear about them on the news as much as I used to since Bush signed the CCW bill.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]
See [url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
Gun Facts Version 3.0, pdf format under Top Clicks on the right hand side of the home page.

It has ample information to help you.

See also:

[url]http://www.guncite.com[/url]

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

We still get them, but I don't hear about them on the news as much as I used to since Bush signed the CCW bill.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

The last I heard was a guy somewhere in Ft Worth, that tried to get this guys car and the owner shot him in the face. The guy was a CHL holders and no charges filed on him. That was back in May.

When I first got here there was one burglar that went into this guys house. The owner shot him, he ran. Cops found him 3 block down the road dead. No charges filed on him either. Both saved the tax payers money of a lenghty trial and various appeals.

Bet that sends a good message to the rest of the bad guys in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Please read [size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

^
Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Sexual promiscuity by tribal members in Africa has spread AIDS to 1/3 the population of that country and all you can think about is gun control.

I say we should stop spending money on guns and spend it on air-lift condoms for S. African tribal members.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top