Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2002 5:23:18 AM EDT
Do any of you guys know anything about icemakers? I have this problem in mine where the ice mold overfills a little and drips to the ice bin and the dispenser. The drip in turn fuses the ice together and also makes the conveyor sticks to the bin. It also gathers on the mouth of the dispenser clogging it once it hardens up. I first noticed this when I got back from my 5-week vacation. I did of course as a precaution turned the icemaker off before I left by lifting the wire hanger up. I have tried leveling the icemaker, and decreasing the water pressure to no avail. Would really appreciate any advice on how to fix this thing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:32:15 AM EDT
there is a little gizzmo inside the thing that meters the water, there is no adjustment, replacing the unit may be your only option..., that is what i had to do, after it kept running..., the over filling just got worse
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:58:44 AM EDT
NEVER buy extended warranties on major appliances. EXCEPT...icemakers. They are the worst and the extended warranty will pay for itself quite quickly. That's all I have to contribute. I know it doesn't help the current situation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:00:28 AM EDT
replace the what?? the icemaker assembly, the solenoid valve, or the whole fridge??[:\][:\]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:12:19 AM EDT
replace the whole icemaker unit !!!!!!!!! depending on make & model, a unit costs any where from $50 to $125
Top Top