Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 1:47:39 AM EDT
I use photo bucket and everything was fine a month ago...Now when i want to post a pic, they all come out red X's. What am I doing wrong!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you right clicking and copying from the image or are you copying the page info from the address bar on your browser?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Post one and I'll try and tell you what you did wrong.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

OK...Here goes
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you using the image tool below the text box when you go to post?

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you right clicking and copying from the image or are you copying the page info from the address bar on your browser?

Left clicking in the Img line.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you using the image tool below the text box when you go to post?

i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/epstanton/images1.jpg

Yes
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I Have no idea what your doing but it should be something like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Pita_146/killswitchchop.jpg

add [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) to the front and back and your good to go...

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:15:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...Here goes

Click on the quote button to see what I did.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...Here goes
i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/epstanton/images1.jpg

Click on the quote button to see what I did.

You used the url instead of the Img???
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

add [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) to the front and back and your good to go...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Pita_146/killswitchchop.jpg

Damn nice rifle pork chop!

BOT: When I'm looking at my photobucket album I click in the box titled "IMG Code" to the left of the pic I want to display. A little yellow window pops up there and says "copied". Now I have the url of the pic and the bulletin board code for displaying the pic all copied and ready to paste. What does that mean? All I have to do is start an arfcom post and then hit Ctrl+V and my pic is inserted into the post. No need to use arfcom's "add image" button. eta: As a matter of fact, if you use the "add image button" doing it this way your pic will be screwed up because the bulletin board code ( [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] ) will be added twice into your post.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]

OK for some reason the computer is putting the img and brackets in the line twice. I have to manually remove one set,then it works!!!! So what's causing that???
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#12]
read my post above yours.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
read my post above yours.

Thanks PBIR that's exactly what it's doing!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks PBIR that's exactly what it's doing!!!

glad I could help
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Pita_146/killswitchchop.jpg

Damn nice rifle pork chop!

BOT: When I'm looking at my photobucket album I click in the box titled "IMG Code" to the left of the pic I want to display. A little yellow window pops up there and says "copied". Now I have the url of the pic and the bulletin board code for displaying the pic all copied and ready to paste. What does that mean? All I have to do is start an arfcom post and then hit Ctrl+V and my pic is inserted into the post. No need to use arfcom's "add image" button. eta: As a matter of fact, if you use the "add image button" doing it this way your pic will be screwed up because the bulletin board code ( [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] ) will be added twice into your post.

It's Killswitch from this board
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top