Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 8:38:25 AM EDT
Hello,

Hoping to tap into the vast wealth of knowledge here.

I sold a house and brought a house 7 months ago.  Today I got a mystery bill in the mail from my
attorney's I used for the closing.  All it said was.

CAP Review file; prepare for meeting with Board members-   $390.00

I haven't heard a peep from this lawyer since I sold my old house, 6 months ago, then brought my new one.

Do they have me confused with someone else?  What the fudge is a CAP?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of a CAP reveiw. My mom was in real estate for 15 years and I have recently sold and bought a house.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Did they get paid out of close? If so, there is a good chance that he entered the wrong client number in the billing software.

I did that once, and caught it, and now I enter all my billing by name to avoid that mistake (I use "juris" which uses serial number type numbers for clients)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did they get paid out of close? If so, there is a good chance that he entered the wrong client number in the billing software.

I did that once, and caught it, and now I enter all my billing by name to avoid that mistake (I use "juris" which uses serial number type numbers for clients)

I paid them at closing time 6 months ago- all I can figure is they have me confused with someone else.

I can't find any definition for CAP related to real estate law.

Mr. Hun- No, no common areas, was just a straight house to house transfer.  I'm puzzled, but will probably have to wait till Monday to figure this out.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they've sent you something meant for someone else.  I googled CAP in a variety of ways and could find nothing.  The reference to a board meeting doesn't seem likely to relate to you.  Did any kind of board have anything to do with your property or sale?  Committee for Academic Personnel (CAP) is the closest I could come to something that would relate to a Board (School).
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Nightstalker- thanks for looking, I found alot of stuff on Committees to Protect a Aborignal People's. but nothing related to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top