Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 3:22:41 AM EDT
So I am down to just an iPhone for all my computing purposes and I can't figure out how to post emoticons on arf from it.   When I used to use a desktop, I could do it. I just clicked the little menu bar up top, picked the one I wanted, and blam, there it was.  With IPhone, it just opens up a new window, which helps me none. Dragging and dropping does not work.   I tried to search the forum and even googled, but alas, here I am, hat in hand, asking my fellow arfcommers risking much personal ridicule.  If someone could explain this to me as if I were a 6 year old, I would appreciate it. (Missing teeth emoticon)

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am down to just an iPhone for all my computing purposes and I can't figure out how to post emoticons on arf from it.   When I used to use a desktop, I could do it. I just clicked the little menu bar up top, picked the one I wanted, and blam, there it was.  With IPhone, it just opens up a new window, which helps me none. Dragging and dropping does not work.   I tried to search the forum and even googled, but alas, here I am, hat in hand, asking my fellow arfcommers risking much personal ridicule.  If someone could explain this to me as if I were a 6 year old, I would appreciate it. (Missing teeth emoticon)

View Quote

Are you on the desktop site or the mobile version?

All i have to do is click on the emoticons that are on the upper left of my screen, or go to the icon legend/animations tabs, and just click on them
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's an excellent question, lol. Desktop site, I think. Is there others?  What is this mobile site you speak of and how do I find it?  

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
In the new screen you should be able to just click on the emoticon and it will insert it into the reply on the first screen. try that and get back to us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In the new screen you should be able to just click on the emoticon and it will insert it into the reply on the first screen. try that and get back to us.
View Quote
Ok. I'll try again. Seems I tried that and it didn't work. Here goes again.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope.  I just tap it and nothing happens. That's what I thought also. I even tried to copy and paste. No doins.  That's it, throwing my phone down the driveway
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All i have to do is click on the emoticons that are on the upper left of my screen, or go to the icon legend/animations tabs, and just click on them

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the left you say?  I was clicking the menu on the top. I'll try from the menu on the left.

Edit- nope, tried both.

Edit #2- tried again. And it worked.

(Ps- figured out that I was clicking "done" to remove keyboard out of my way,  which eliminated the cursor in the typing area.   No cursor, no emoticons.  Thanks for helping me.  I still feel dumb but at least that's figured out.  Next up, pictures from an iPhone. But I'll figure that out another time

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top