Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:32:21 AM EDT
Fox News: Tuesday, December 09, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A U.S. helicopter has crashed near Fallujah and some witnesses said a rocket-propelled grenade brought it down, according to wire reports.

But an initial statement from the U.S. military said the helicopter crash was a "controlled" landing. No injuries were reported, the military said.

The Associated Press quoted a witness who said helicopters were flying in formation when one was hit by a grenade fired from the ground. The witness says the chopper went down immediately.

Reuters quoted one of its journalists at the scene as saying a helicopter had crashed.

Military officials could not immediately confirm the reports.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]

I hope everyone on board is all right.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm really tired of hearing about all the bad things that go on in Iraq.  There are plenty of good things that our soldiers do.  One soldier I read about gave examples like saveing 30 some live with only one being american, spending time and having tea with families over there.  From his point of veiw people are very grateful that we are there.  Why doesn't CNN, MSNBC, and the other news agencies ever tell anything about this things.  The only good thing I have heard from the news agency from Iraq is that the britsh saved a baby.  Since then its all been more die here, helicopter crashes there.  I'm sure there would be less of the American publice opposed to the war if they new all the good we are doing over there.  UHHHH.

Sorry about the rant...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
it is ok to hear of the trouble, as well as the good news, i hope they are ok
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
A U.S. helicopter was forced to make a "controlled landing" near the Iraq town of Fallujah, west of Baghdad, on Tuesday, a coalition military source said. No one was injured. "The cause is unconfirmed at this time," the source said. There was suspicion of small-arms fire prior to the landing, the source said, but the area has been secured. The helicopter is described as an OH-58 observation helicopter with the 82nd Airborne Division.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
It's getting a little surprising that we still have helicopters left to crash.

Every week, it's several more down - often during training
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top