Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2012 12:18:20 PM EDT
This is the closest I could find, its the kershaw brawler with a drop point. Its in a pack with a flashlight and a ' tactical ' ink pen

$20 for the gift set, I got one for myself to see if the stuff is worth it, I then plan to pick up a few more for christmas gifts.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is the closest I could find, its the kershaw brawler with a drop point. Its in a pack with a flashlight and a ' tactical ' ink pen

$20 for the gift set, I got one for myself to see if the stuff is worth it, I then plan to pick up a few more for christmas gifts.

i got several of the SOG Tomahawks in a gift set last year for $20
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed out on that, I did end up buying one of the tomahawks for a little more off amazon, but the local walmarts were all cleared out by the time I had heard about it.

So far the reviews I have read on the kershaw brawler seem positive, so the knife alone is worth $20.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!  Gave a couple away, kept a couple for myself.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought that set last week and returned it the next day. The light is a $2 gas station flashlight and the "tactical pen" wouldn't even deploy the tip from the pen. The knife seemed okay, but not something I would buy on it's own.

Cheap crap and not worth it imo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I own 2 of the Brawlers.  They are excellent knives.  I would recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I own 2 of the Brawlers.  They are excellent knives.  I would recommend them to anyone.

The reviews seem to be positive. I figured what the hell for $20. If the other stuff is crap I may not buy anymore for gifts though. Ammo is always appreciated by my family and friends
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The $20 tomahawks are back!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought that set last week and returned it the next day. The light is a $2 gas station flashlight and the "tactical pen" wouldn't even deploy the tip from the pen. The knife seemed okay, but not something I would buy on it's own.

That sucks, I had a higher opinion of Kershaw than that  

I believe any Kershaw knife with 8cr13mov blade steel is completely made in China.  All others are made in the USA.  The USA made kershaws are higher quality but also higher priced.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Say what?

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe any Kershaw knife with 8cr13mov blade steel is completely made in China.  All others are made in the USA.  The USA made kershaws are higher quality but also higher priced.

So you're saying Walmart sells low-priced Chinese crap?
I have a hard time believing that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Woot! Got four last year!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Used to be, but they've whored themselves out to the cheap set like others. Their cheapies look pretty good in the box but aren't as well-made or well-designed as their old stuff. This one is made in China.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw a box of 20 dollar baby sog fire hawks today

Evil uncle Zox says the 14 year old nephews need these.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed this. What was the gift set comprised of?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woot! Got four last year!

Your welcome.

I did the epic hawk thread last year.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI the Hawks are back

Oops im late

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I saw a box of 20 dollar baby sog fire hawks today

Evil uncle Zox says the 14 year old nephews need these.

I googled "baby sog fire hawk" 4th listing down was this post in it's entirety.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yea there are two levels of Kershaw, the cheap Chineses ones and the higher priced made in USA ones. I've owned two of the USA made knives and they are great.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
The head is smaller and the handle is pretty short on the 20 dollar Walmart special

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yea there are two levels of Kershaw, the cheap Chineses ones and the higher priced made in USA ones. I've owned two of the USA made knives and they are great.

I have an older kershaw made in japan I think. Nice knife, just dont carry it anymore. As I recall I paid close to $100 for it, I had a giftcard and didnt have to put much cash on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top