Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
good looking car, what does your husband drive?  

ETA: sorry... couldn't resist giving this some GD love - obviously just kidding
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good looking car, what does your husband drive?
View Quote
Your mom

(hopefully it's obvious that I'm just kidding too)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your mom

(hopefully it's obvious that I'm just kidding too)
View Quote
touché  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That does suck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the more annoying parts of all this is the guy who hit the car didn't get a ticket or anything.  I checked the court records site and there is nothing on him for this accident.  There were at least 4 things he could have been ticketed for.

1.  Hadn't slept in 2-3 days and just got out of the ER.. he was obviously impaired by no sleep and pain meds.  I've heard that is DUI worthy.
2.  He's lived here for like 10 years but still has an out of state license.  VA has a law that dictates how soon you have to get a VA license and that the address has to be up to date.
3.  His cars tags expired in January.
4.  Reckless driving or whatever you want to call it when someone drives off the road and runs into shit..lol

But nothing.  Zero consequences.  Maybe Geico will jack his rate way the hell up.. but that's about it.  I think it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One of the more annoying parts of all this is the guy who hit the car didn't get a ticket or anything.  I checked the court records site and there is nothing on him for this accident.  There were at least 4 things he could have been ticketed for.

1.  Hadn't slept in 2-3 days and just got out of the ER.. he was obviously impaired by no sleep and pain meds.  I've heard that is DUI worthy.
2.  He's lived here for like 10 years but still has an out of state license.  VA has a law that dictates how soon you have to get a VA license and that the address has to be up to date.
3.  His cars tags expired in January.
4.  Reckless driving or whatever you want to call it when someone drives off the road and runs into shit..lol

But nothing.  Zero consequences.  Maybe Geico will jack his rate way the hell up.. but that's about it.  I think it's bullshit.
View Quote
I bet a sternly worded email to the police chief with a cc to the mayor will get you some traction.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, today brought some bad news.  I had been getting updates every morning via text about the progress of the car.  Didn't get a text this morning... hmmmm.

At about 4:30pm I got a call from the body shop.  Apparently the doors on the Focus RS are different than the normal Focuses (at least different from the North American market cars).  The shop got some and immediately saw the differences.  I went by to take a look and there are some extra holes in the RS doors for some options that aren't available in the US (like these automatic door protector things that pop out when you open the door).  The replacement doors also had some other latch looking thing that had no where to hook into on the RS body.  These differences raised concerns about the power window hardware being different, or maybe the door panels mount different.  I tell them they need to get the proper door for the RS.  And that door has to come from Germany.

Ford says they can't get them the proper replacement doors until late October  Fucking damnit...lol  So I was completely wrong about the doors being the same as any other focus door.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Ouch. And Ouch to your recent update.  Geico insured driver rear ended me about 5 years ago.  Those fuckers ended up getting sued by my insurance company.  It was a long drawn out ordeal and fuck Sandra the geico lady that I had to deal with for that.  I was at a dead stop on the freeway due to a pile up and their driver hit me at an estimated 70 mph.  Fuckers tried getting out of the rental also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ouch. And Ouch to your recent update.  Geico insured driver rear ended me about 5 years ago.  Those fuckers ended up getting sued by my insurance company.  It was a long drawn out ordeal and fuck Sandra the geico lady that I had to deal with for that.  I was at a dead stop on the freeway due to a pile up and their driver hit me at an estimated 70 mph.  Fuckers tried getting out of the rental also.
View Quote
So far Geico has handled this well.  The body shop guy and me talked to the adjuster right after we looked at the car.  She had no issue with me wanting the right doors.  I was actually surprised.  So far so good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
But geico IS renting you a car of similar performance level until yours is fixed RIGHT?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But geico IS renting you a car of similar performance level until yours is fixed RIGHT?
View Quote
They offered a rental, I declined as all they had was boring ass cars and the repair was only supposed to take like 10 days.  I have a beater I drive day to day, so I'm not really concerned about getting a rental.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They offered a rental, I declined as all they had was boring ass cars and the repair was only supposed to take like 10 days.  I have a beater I drive day to day, so I'm not really concerned about getting a rental.
View Quote
So you make 3 months worth of payments on a sports car - that you can NOT drive.   They are getting a $900 piece of ass right there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top