Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/17/2003 9:42:45 AM EDT
This spyware named Client man has a hold of my machine... I have used Spybot, Spyware Blaster and Adaware but it is there after every reboot.  Any body else run into this baby? It redirects all your searches ;google, yahoo, etc to its own page that mimics the search launch.  Currently I am going thru the registry one folder at a time but I may try to reset IE back to defaults real soon.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:10:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:46:51 AM EDT
TTF
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:58:00 PM EDT
I haven't fixed my problem yet, it seems this Client Man is new and a bit sneaky, but I did find [url=www.spywareinfo.com] these guys [/url].  Awesome site, knowledgeable staff quick help.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:06:19 AM EDT
that is a good site, with a lot of good li8nks, thanks blackfoot
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:14:54 AM EDT
Have any of you guys tried the free software packs?

Tj
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2003 5:00:40 PM EDT by cyanide]
Yes be careful, a lot of the stuff is full of bugs, a bunch of well meaning people, but I think the complexities of computers is far ranging. I downloaded some security patches, full of bugs had to purge the download.

Less is better sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:23:10 AM EDT
I had a TROJAN that was hyjacking my home page and internet search engine to WORLDFINDER.COM.
The thing was living in my active desktop restore. I disabled active desktop, so Mcafee could clean it out. I still have an autodialer
that I cant find to clean. I wish someone frags the owners of WORLDFINDER for putting this crap out there.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:11:45 AM EDT
Blackfoot,/Lebrew

I use a program called PestPatrol. It has worked great for me. I have installed it on several friends machines after they had trojan/keylogger/dialer/spyware problems and it has fixed them everytime.

For a good discussion on the Clientman go to http://pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/c/clientman.asp
If you do not want to buy the program it gives you instructions to manually remove Clientman.

You can go to pestpatrol.com and do a free scan of you machine to see what all is infecting you. I highly recommend that for everyone. When I first installed pestpatrol i was shocked at all the spyware on my machine.

Kris
Top Top