Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 9:42:45 AM EDT
This spyware named Client man has a hold of my machine... I have used Spybot, Spyware Blaster and Adaware but it is there after every reboot.  Any body else run into this baby? It redirects all your searches ;google, yahoo, etc to its own page that mimics the search launch.  Currently I am going thru the registry one folder at a time but I may try to reset IE back to defaults real soon.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
TTF
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't fixed my problem yet, it seems this Client Man is new and a bit sneaky, but I did find [url=www.spywareinfo.com] these guys [/url].  Awesome site, knowledgeable staff quick help.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
that is a good site, with a lot of good li8nks, thanks blackfoot
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Have any of you guys tried the free software packs?

Tj
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes be careful, a lot of the stuff is full of bugs, a bunch of well meaning people, but I think the complexities of computers is far ranging. I downloaded some security patches, full of bugs had to purge the download.

Less is better sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a TROJAN that was hyjacking my home page and internet search engine to WORLDFINDER.COM.
The thing was living in my active desktop restore. I disabled active desktop, so Mcafee could clean it out. I still have an autodialer
that I cant find to clean. I wish someone frags the owners of WORLDFINDER for putting this crap out there.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Blackfoot,/Lebrew

I use a program called PestPatrol. It has worked great for me. I have installed it on several friends machines after they had trojan/keylogger/dialer/spyware problems and it has fixed them everytime.

For a good discussion on the Clientman go to http://pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/c/clientman.asp
If you do not want to buy the program it gives you instructions to manually remove Clientman.

You can go to pestpatrol.com and do a free scan of you machine to see what all is infecting you. I highly recommend that for everyone. When I first installed pestpatrol i was shocked at all the spyware on my machine.

Kris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top