Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:38:55 PM EDT
got a letter in the mail today from "readers digest" along with a check from AIG annuity insurance company for around $4,000.  the check appears legit.  the letter says that they were unable to contact us and that we won $255,000.  the annuity insurance company was now handling the winnings and the check was to cover "legal costs".

i contacted aig annuity (the legit company) and asked if this check was a scam.  i gave the lady the check number and she said it definitely was a forgery of their checks.  she asked me to send a fax of the letter and the check back to them and not cash the check.  she said that the scammer would get my bank information from cashing the check and that the check would definitely bounce.

how can a scammer get my bank account info if the checked was cashed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top