Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/4/2013 9:46:17 AM EDT
Just curious. Last evening I was watching youtube videos on the history/current events in the ME and I stumbled across a few documentary's on this kid Omar Hammami.

I'm just curious, if people find their peace, religion, God or whatever they want to call it, through Islam, and join up?

Can anyone here share a story of how Islam has positively changed someone's life (that you have witnessed)?

With this kid it seems to me, that it was a avenue for him to do harm. I realize that the Islam that we are at war with is the fringe but it seems like it's the only religion that  has spawned this type of radical following, in the context of current events.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  She converted to make her new husband happy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell no
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew one woman, formerly Jewish, that did and I think her search for submission was answered by Islam.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew one woman, formerly Jewish, that did and I think her search for submission was answered by Islam.
View Quote

Self hating 'liberal' ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  Friend, former Army Tanker, Gun nut.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen that a couple times, but I didn't really know the girl before hand or anything.

Speed

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, my parents neighbor's daughter.  Sweetest kid in the whole world.  Met and married a blond haired, blue eyed Albanian Muslim converted to appease him and his family then got the hell beat out of her almost on a weekly basis.  Last I heard, she was hiding out at her parent house and pregnant with their first child.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#9]
As a matter of fact, yes.

A relation of my wife converted to Islam and married a Pakistani scumbag 30 years her junior. He took all of her money under Sharia, and is now on the run for tax evasion and who knows what else. He beat her often.

He has since found a young Pakistani girl 20 years his junior and had a kid by her. Se is an illegal, and he keeps her and her (also illegal) family in the OTHER WOMAN'S FORMER HOUSE. He married her under Sharia, and they're all on the dole.

The poor older woman has now converted back to Christianity, but is terrified of having the scumbag find out as he might kill her, as he has threatened to countless times.

This is all happening in New York, and I don't mean the City...

Islam...... Don't get me fucking started. I don't want to get banned for the sin of speaking the truth.

ETA: oh, and yes, I agree my wife's relation was a complete idiot. We all warned her, but NOOOOOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I try not to hang out with feeble minded retards
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
some dude from way back I heard joined islam - went by the name kitty stevens or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^^^^^
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes.  He was an E-9 and in EOD at my first duty station.  Caucasian, spoke fluent Arabic.  I had a lot of respect for him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aloha Snackbar!
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes.  He was an E-9 and in EOD at my first duty station.  Caucasian, spoke fluent Arabic.  I had a lot of respect for him.
View Quote

Had?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Had?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had?

Yeah when we were in the same unit.  I didn't know him well and didn't keep in touch after we parted ways.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Forget about all of the religious complications of converting and my personal beliefs  but,

FUCK GIVING UP BACON!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#19]
A friend of mine went on a blind date with this toolbag.

He creeped her out severely.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I have met a few converts right here in Oregon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Years ago I knew some black kids that went to the dark side.  The light disappeared from their eyes, became darker, and their countenance became dull and grey.   They became hateful and dishonest.  Perhaps you could say, imho, a spirit of antichrist.  Just my observation.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep.  You can't hardly study Arabic w/out bumping into Muslims.  My first instructor was a Roman Catholic who converted from a Palestinian Muslim family.  Both of his sisters married out of Islam, which wouldn't have been done in the PA, but happens here in the States.  The convert (they call themselves "reverts") I knew TO Islam I met in a couple of Arabic classes.  She also spoke French, & when she converted, she wondered how she'd find a husband.  She got online & found a Moroccan kid.  Poor bastard never knew what hit him, I bet.  Happy growing up in Morocco, going to marry some compliant Moroccan Muslim girl, then finds this rich American w/ a green card.  Not compliant @ all, lol.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Spanky Hamm?          

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, I served with him. He was a useless ihateallwhitepeople shitbag then, and now he's a goatfucking shitbag with a scraggly beard who frequents the aloha snackbar.  I almost put a round in his ass in the sandbox for willfully endangering the rest of the team to the point of death. A 1911 in my hand, and murder in my eyes.  He was a complete and utter coward, and it's a wonder my eyes didn't pop out of my head from over pressure. He had very few friends after that event.

THAT would have been a career ender, justified or no.

He now leads useless mutteringsand callsto his preferred deity several times a day in shitcago.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh, I now remember there was girl I knew from junior high to highschool who converted.  She grew up in a Christian family and decided to convert.  I remember that she started wearing her headdress and had to get special permission to wear it in school.  She was also allowed to do her prayers in class.  She got married when she turned 18 to an older muslim in his 20s and moved out of state.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Yep, some E-6 who converted to Islam and red bowties, and he was very racist!

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I have many many Muslim friends including some who are converts.

Contrary to what Arfcom would have you believe, every one of them are normal well adjusted, hard working, people, including several physicians and several lawyers.  Most of them attend temple and pray several times daily and are honest upstanding citizens.  Every one of them loves this country and wants nothing but the best for it.  

I'm certainly not saying that there is not a percentage of Muslims who are radical zealots, but the vast majority of Muslims here in America are regular people just like you or me.

ETA: as for Islam being the only religion that has spawned radical militants, how about Christianity?

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Contrary to what Arfcom would have you believe, every one of them are normal well adjusted, hard working, people, including several physicians and several lawyers.  Most of them attend temple and pray several times daily and are honest upstanding citizens.  Every one of them loves this country and wants nothing but the best for it.  

I'm certainly not saying that there is not a percentage of Muslims who are radical zealots, but the vast majority of Muslims here in America are regular people just like you or me.
View Quote

I know many "nice" Muslims too. Ask them if you are going to Hell for not being muslim.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I know many "nice" Muslims too. Ask them if you are going to Hell for not being muslim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nail right on the head there

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yep.  She converted to make her new husband she found on the internet happy.
View Quote

Fixed it for the person I know
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just curious. Last evening I was watching youtube videos on the history/current events in the ME and I stumbled across a few documentary's on this kid Omar Hammami.

I'm just curious, if people find their peace, religion, God or whatever they want to call it, through Islam, and join up?

Can anyone here share a story of how Islam has positively changed someone's life (that you have witnessed)?

With this kid it seems to me, that it was a avenue for him to do harm. I realize that the Islam that we are at war with is the fringe but it seems like it's the only religion that  has spawned this type of radical following, in the context of current events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y971olsdA80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJQp7fWaKs
View Quote

One of my room mates in basic converted to Islam to marry his wife. He was bat shit crazy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I knew a guy who converted to make his wife happy.

I'm studying the NOI, so I've talked to a handful who's converted from mostly nonreligious backgrounds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So that's why people hate them?

At the core of most religions is the belief that if you are not a member of that religion you will not receive whatever exaltation or salvation that specific religion promises.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you ask a Christian, they'll tell you you are going to Hell for not believing in Christ. The beauty of it is that all theists are OK with this arrangement. This is what passes for the "good news".
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

At the core of most religions is the belief that if you are not a member of that religion you will not receive whatever exaltation or salvation that specific religion promises.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And if you ask a Christian, they'll tell you you are going to Hell for not believing in Christ. The beauty of it is that all theists are OK with this arrangement. This is what passes for the "good news".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Went to college with a girl who converted..................for all of 4 years then decided it wasnt for her
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Buddy's little 18 year old high school sister married her egyptian bf on 9/12/01 because he was here illegally after getting a student visa. They were afraid after the backlash of the 9/11 attack that he would get deported so they locked it in. He was a dress wearing fundy type. His name was Osama, no shit. Promptly changed to being called "sam" about this same time.

She was a uber liberal- now a philosiphy professor at one of the most liberal colleges on the planet. He wouldn't or couldn't work and just went to mosque all day every day. He started to abuse her and call her a dog that he could never have kids with. She was obviously an atheist. Her poor grandparents had to pay for a dorm for her and an apt so he could live at her school with her. So they divorced half way through her undergrad. He then found a new white girl on her campus and converted her to islam. There was a news article celebrating that in the Notre Dame school paper.

ETA, after seperation my buddy had to move to Indiana to look after her so sam didn't come back and cut her head off.  They were afraid he would do that because he may not have wanted a divorce on his religious resume or some shit like that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mormons are a notable exception.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You can't be serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't be serious

You can't seriously think that Muslims are the only people who believe that non believers in their specific religion will not go to "Heaven."

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You are full of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And if you ask a Christian, they'll tell you you are going to Hell for not believing in Christ.

You are full of shit.

LOL.

What's the point of being "saved" if you don't otherwise go to hell?

I've seen numerous respected members on here tell others that they will burn in hell if they do not believe in Christ.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You can't seriously think that Muslims are the only people who believe that non believers in their specific religion will not go to "Heaven."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious

No, just no.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#43]
there is a lady in my town that converted to islam. I met her at a garage sale and she is odd, to say the least.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#44]
My aunt went through a "midlife crisis" recently where she divorced her husband of 20-some-odd years, moved out leaving her (now) adult special needs son in his custody, and fell in with a group of devout muslims at her work.  This new group of "friends" tried converting her to Islam.  For a period of about a year she was wearing very conservative clothing, covering her head in public, studying the Koran and attending islamic religious ceremonies.  They introduced her to a muslim Pakistani national who courted her (or whatever it is they do) and was later deported back to Pakistan.  Through numerous phone calls he convinced her to meet him in his village in Pakistan.  She went despite many desperate pleas from our family.  During her roughly one week "vacation" in a tiny "rustic" village in Northern Pakistan, she participated in a ceremony she would later learn was a traditional wedding (I am not making this shit up) and then flew back.  He continued to hound her by phone and insisted (probably to this day) that she was his wife.  Not until she met another man (Jehovah's Witness, and a huge doucher) did she start to recover from her near-conversion to Islam.

My aunt is very... impressionable.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL.

I've seen numerous respected members on here tell others that they will burn in hell if they do not believe in Christ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you ask a Christian, they'll tell you you are going to Hell for not believing in Christ.

You are full of shit.

LOL.

It is more complicated than that you argue. Get educated on both religions as I will not teach you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Yup, was a secular guy too...
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You are full of shit.
View Quote

I'm only human.

Quoted:
Mormons are a notable exception.
View Quote

I don't know enough about Mormon beliefs to comment. Also, I don't wish to derail the thread any further.
I knew a guy who started out on the same Christian meetings as me and some friends but later he turned Muslim. His change in attitude was kind of scary.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
No, just no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't be serious

No, just no.

Are you capable of typing more than single phrase responses so I can understand what your point of view is?

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#49]
My sister had a friend who she went to school with that converted to islam so she could marry her husband.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Are you capable of typing more than single phrase responses so I can understand what your point of view is?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious

No, just no.

Nope. I learned a long time ago that you cannot put sense into a liberal so sorry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top