BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2011 1:24:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I do believe that that would be quite isolated. He needs to go to jail, no questions asked but let's not be getting out the big brush already.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Yes

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Friend of mine experienced this in Mexico years ago (they didnt give a shit if he talked, no one would care). But those were the good times, now they dont just rob you they murder you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
in for the 'tard fest
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I haven't
"I commend the IMPD Professional Standards Unit for initiating and
completing a thorough investigation into Officer Butler's actions," said
Prosecutor Terry Curry (D). "Their investigation uncovered a repetitive
pattern of behavior by Officer Butler, a pattern of behavior which
plainly violated the trust the public placed in him.  We look forward to
prosecuting this case vigorously to its conclusion."  

He needs to be in prison.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Good job by the police in policing their own.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have, when I was in Mexico in 2002.  I promptly left the country to avoid running into those a-hole dirty cops again.  

It was a fun weekend overall though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Happened to my brother and a friend in Mexico, but they got put in jail for the night for their trouble.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
We don't have all the facts...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We don't have all the facts...

Yes, let's not rush to judgements here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Off to prison with his ass.

And the "isolated incident" shit really, truly applies here. Unless OP can provide evidence this is anything more than that, of course....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Never happened to me or anyone I know.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Worst experience I had was being detained for 30 minutes because I didn't want to answer any questions.

Haven't been robbed...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Happened to my brother and a friend in Mexico, but they got put in jail for the night for their trouble.

Quoted:
I have, when I was in Mexico in 2002.  I promptly left the country to avoid running into those a-hole dirty cops again.  

It was a fun weekend overall though.

Quoted:
Friend of mine experienced this in Mexico years ago (they didnt give a shit if he talked, no one would care). But those were the good times, now they dont just rob you they murder you.

I wonder if it's more than just a coincidence that the Indianapolis cop in this article was doing it to Mexicans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
no....but I've been "robbed" in VA on 95 going through Emporia. State Trooper pulled me over doing 56 in 55. Gave me a ticket for 74. Had 2 Fayetteville local PD in the car as well. We all asked if perhaps he didn't make a mistake. His answer was that we should contest the ticket if we disagreed.

Drove up to pay the ticket and judge threw it out as well as the tickets for other 100 or so Active duty service members in the courtroom. Just a day gone from my life and 2 tanks of gas. Kind makes you wonder though.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#17]
You live in PA .???
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if it's more than just a coincidence that the Indianapolis cop in this article was doing it to Mexicans.

I'd say that's an astute observation. He probably figured that, being used to that sort of thing, they'd figure it was normal.
It's also possible he targetted illegals, or those he thought to be illegal, since it's highly unlikely they'd report such abuse.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good job by the police in policing their own.

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I do believe that that would be quite isolated. He needs to go to jail, no questions asked but let's not be getting out the big brush already.

First post for the win.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I too have the Mexico story, but here in the U.S.? Nope.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Many years ago my parents were driving through GA and were pulled over. The cop told them they had to pay the fine in cash, he put it in an envelope in front of them, then made them follow him to a mail box. He then got out of the car and put an envelope in the mail box. My father was sorry he didn't ask to see the envelope again before he put it in the box (it's probably good that he didn't). It was surely empty.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
What a Dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah the bastard stole my beer and smokes and let me go. I guess it was a fair trade.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#25]
an old, retired sheriff's deputy near Houston told me a story like that that took place in the early 80's.
same deal; a local smalltown cop would  pull you over and just ask for some money, then let you go.
after a number of complaints from citizens, he was asked about it and just flat-out admitted he'd been doing it.

i'd say the cop in the OP's thread was a pretty rare thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Nope
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I have had a few come in my house and rob me of a lot of beer and whiskey.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Restricted duty while prosecution drags out.  Pension once he hits 25 years, and then community service.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Does robbing you of your rights count?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew it was no speakies before I ever read the article. Its always illegals or drug dealers.

"The prosecutor's office says IMPD was alerted by two Hispanic men discovered money had been stolen from their wallets after a traffic stop on the northwest side of Indianapolis. Both victims reported what happened to IMPD."

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He probably figured that, being used to that sort of thing, they'd figure it was normal.
It's also possible he targetted illegals, or those he thought to be illegal, since it's highly unlikely they'd report such abuse.

This.

Border Patrol agents get accused of it constantly. You wont find an illegal, freshly deported to TJ, that doesnt claim he had $5,000 in his wallet and it was stolen by the border patrol agent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I knew it was no speakies before I ever read the article. Its always illegals or drug dealers.

"The prosecutor's office says IMPD was alerted by two Hispanic men discovered money had been stolen from their wallets after a traffic stop on the northwest side of Indianapolis. Both victims reported what happened to IMPD."

And you know they are illegal because? I'd call you a @#$%^,but I think it is a coc violation.

Roy
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Drive through Livonia Michigan. You'll find out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know they are illegal because? I'd call you a @#$%^,but I think it is a coc violation.

Roy

Because a hispanic man with no drivers license usually means illegal immigrant.  Read the article. Hispanic men detained for license violations.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roy

Because a hispanic man with no drivers license usually means illegal immigrant.  Read the article. Hispanic men detained for license violations.

quote"The prosecutor's office says IMPD was alerted by two Hispanic men discovered money had been stolen from their wallets after a traffic stop on the northwest side of Indianapolis. Both victims reported what happened to IMPD.

You reading a diffrent article than the one posted? I'm sure you know ALOT of illegals that want the man in their lives for more than a traffic ticket.

Roy
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes. On several occasions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh, all the time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#38]
That's nothing we had a Gay cop down here in Florida that would pull over Illegal Aliens and threaten to have them deported if they wouldn't let HIM suck there dick .Imagine getting pulled over by a cop in full uniform with gun and him telling you he wants to suck you dick or else !!! QUE ?(WHAT?)
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, once, in Detroit, sometime around 2000-2001, when I was younger. Racially profiled and pulled over for no reason (being white). Took all my cash and said I was in Detroit to buy drugs.

Let me go, but kept the cash. About $40.00.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Many years ago my parents were driving through GA and were pulled over. The cop told them they had to pay the fine in cash, he put it in an envelope in front of them, then made them follow him to a mail box. He then got out of the car and put an envelope in the mail box. My father was sorry he didn't ask to see the envelope again before he put it in the box (it's probably good that he didn't). It was surely empty.  

You are supposed to seal the envelope with the cash in front of the cop.  As you put it in the mailbox in front of him, spit your gum onto it and stick the envelope to the inside of the mailbox and come back and retrieve your cash later.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#41]
No but I used to know a girl who was raided for drugs about ten years ago, there was a pound of weed and various other drugs around. Most of the other drugs made it in to the police reports but the pound of weed never did. After she got bailed out I took her to her bank to draw out some money and on the way in the detective who arrested her was walking out and told us he froze her accounts, then just a few years ago I was serving on a grand jury when this defendant takes the stand and gives us this sob story of how the drugs were planted on him. Obviously I didn't believe him but the next person to take the stand was the dirty cop who stole the pound of weed years earlier. I couldn't freaking believe it, I felt like finding the defendant's lawyer and telling him that the cop was crooked as shit but it would have violated my oath not to disclose what I heard in the grand jury or talk about the cases. It still pisses me off that that dirty cop is still on the streets but even if I told the guys lawyer the best thing that would happen is the scumbag would get off and he was pimping out an 18 years old girl that he told us he turned out at 17.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#42]
wait a second here, each guy had $700 and $2000 stolen from their WALLET? Who carries that much cash in their wallet?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I haven't but it seems to hit the news a fair amount around Detroit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

wait a second here, each guy had $700 and $2000 stolen from their WALLET? Who carries that much cash in their wallet?

The 25% of Americans that don't have bank accounts (unbelievable, I know), illegals, and drug dealers (or other criminal types)...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#45]
What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 25% of Americans that don't have bank accounts (unbelievable, I know), illegals, and drug dealers (or other criminal types)...

The cop and others like him count on the person they robbed not wanting to explain the amounts of money in their wallet.  Easy prey. Not that $2000 bucks is really an obscene amount, there's been quite a few times I've had that much and more on me, I don't make a habit of it though.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The cop and others like him count on the person they robbed not wanting to explain the amounts of money in their wallet.  Easy prey. Not that $2000 bucks is really an obscene amount, there's been quite a few times I've had that much and more on me, I don't make a habit of it though.

For sure, I have too.  I don't like it though, and usually spend or deposit it ASAP!

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Execute his ass, or at the very least, maim him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#50]
bump.  Cause I can't let quality entertainment like this die.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top