Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2017 11:57:32 PM EDT
I just watched the VICE documentary and found it fascinating, partially because I could relate to Jesse Hughes and his unabashed love for America, guns and faith in God. The dude is 100% Rock n roll and rough around the edges, much like I see myself and some of the gents I associate with (well the rough around the edges part anyways .) It was also fascinating to see the Paris Attack through the eyes of an American gun lover and his bands candor of what they went through. The terrorist waged their war for 2:30 hours and with no way to stop them, it was a bloodbath.   The concert goers were 100% dependent on the French gov to save them and the horror the band and fans endured that day was unbelievable. Instead of being your typical Nugent type gun lover and talk politics, rah rah, and about the great things guns could of done that day,  he lays out what the emotional toll has been like and relives the complete feeling of helplessness.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
No love here for the Eagles?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it available online? Link?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked his reply when asked about banning guns.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No love here for the Eagles?
View Quote

Big Lebowski - I Hate The Eagles
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess I didn't even realize that the film was just released a few days ago. I am in a hotel tonight and watched it on HBO. I am not a big music buff and generally wouldn't have watched it but I heard the word "gun" while flipping through the channels and ended up watching it. It was interesting how he was able to identify the different guns the ROP'ers were using. Normally, terrorist victims are clueless on what gun is in play and why that matters.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen snippets of the interview...  You've got to feel for the guy.  He's been pretty outspoken on the whole issue and was even removed from the one year anniversary vigil or whatever at the Bataclan because he's pissed off the French.

Sidenote: Boots and the rest of EODM, not to mention Joshua Homme, put on an amazing show.  The wife and I saw them in DC just a few short weeks before the attacks in Paris.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I love me some EODM but I didnt know they were involved in the Paris attacks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:24:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love me some EODM but I didnt know they were involved in the Paris attacks.
View Quote
Have you been living under a Rock?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Well Im watching it now and getting thru the obligatory "how I grew up" stories, which I could care less about. I had never heard of this band and i cant understand 1/2 of what they are talking about rock and roll wise. Or anything else-wise.

But they went thru a terrible thing. It just seems that we have terrorist attacks after terrorists attacks and people in the west just never learn. Already people seem to have forgotten it, like the thousand before it, and once again they are immersed in their own damn opinions and politics and political correctness. Well I jumped 30 mins into it and they are still talking about themselves and not what happened. We'll see.

I dont want people forgetting this shit. I think they had guts going back there and doing another show and I salute them for it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a huge QotSA fan, and somewhat into EoDM. I haven't seen the recent HBO doc, but Jessie and Josh did an interview with Vice (I believe), very shortly after the attacks that really drove home the helplessness the band felt, and the survivors guilt. I became a bigger fan, after hearing Jessie talk about how the attacks opened his eyes about self-defense, and how quickly EoDM went back to Paris to give the terrorists the middle finger. That reminds me, I've been meaning to buy some merch of theirs to show some support.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you been living under a Rock?
View Quote

I guess I missed that part of the story.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#12]
what's shitty is that they weren't allowed at a memorial for the attack because they wouldn't toe the 'love all muslims' company line
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Josh Homme and Jesse Hughes are good people.   Its tragic all the way around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if you asked the average American about this attack how many could tell you what exactly happened that night. I mean other then that theater what else happened and how many died and were injured. I wonder how many could tell you it was a coordinated Muslim terror attack at multiple locations staged and timed with military precision. All designed to confuse and neutralize the police response.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess I didn't even realize that the film was just released a few days ago. I am in a hotel tonight and watched it on HBO. I am not a big music buff and generally wouldn't have watched it but I heard the word "gun" while flipping through the channels and ended up watching it. It was interesting how he was able to identify the different guns the ROP'ers were using. Normally, terrorist victims are clueless on what gun is in play and why that matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what guns did they use? I assume mostly AKs, and it seems like VZ 58s are popular around there. The big scare in Europe right now are deactivated firearms, because apparently they are buying those and re-activating them. My understanding is the requirements in most countries are looser than in the US.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So what guns did they use? I assume mostly AKs, and it seems like VZ 58s are popular around there. The big scare in Europe right now are deactivated firearms, because apparently they are buying those and re-activating them. My understanding is the requirements in most countries are looser than in the US.
View Quote
The Iranian-German guy in Munich this summer used a theater prop Glock that had been converted back...  I think he bought it on the 'dark web."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top