Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 3:02:16 PM EDT
I've watched a couple debates and generally payed attention to this election and I just don't hear much about gun control.

I'm sure some of you have heard more than me but what is going on these days?

What does gun ownership realistically look like in 5 years?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've watched a couple debates and generally payed attention to this election and I just don't hear much about gun control.

View Quote

It will look the same as now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun control talk will not happen until the Democrat vs Republican debates.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I'm half expecting a mass shooting 4-5 days beforehand.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a great point that I totally spaced on. We need a squeaky clean record.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  All the democrat candidates support gun control, so not much use for them to use it as an argument for voters to pick them over another democrat candidate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep.  All the democrat candidates support gun control, so not much use for them to use it as an argument for voters to pick them over another democrat candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This makes sense. I just figured they would be in a pissing match over who will pass the most legislation or who would prevent the most legislation.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

October surprise, and it will be bad.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why were clinton sanders and O'malley beating each other over the head with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then why were clinton sanders and O'malley beating each other over the head with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was pretty much one debate... and I think even they figured they really can't out-gun control each other without developing a huge bunker of ammo for the Rs to use against them in the General.  Plus there are all those "moderate Dems" who like their huntin' and may get a bit peeved with what the far left really wants to do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The batshit fucktards that engage in mass murder aren't inclusive of any "we" I associate myself with, nor do they have anything to do with my record.

Interesting verbiage.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This makes sense. I just figured they would be in a pissing match over who will pass the most legislation or who would prevent the most legislation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in one of them bernie and hillary argued over who wanted to restrict the 2nd amendment more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll put my life savings on the following scenario:

1. Trump gets the Republican nomination (a given at this point).
2. Hillary or Sanders. Doesn't matter. Either would fuck Trump every which way to Sunday in the general.
3. In the process of getting fucked every which way to Sunday, Trump will destroy the Republican brand (he pretty much already has) which is viewed negatively enough already. If you do not think this is the case or do not understand why it happens to be the case, you are woefully and profoundly out of touch with modern American culture.
4. Democrats will regain control of both the house and the senate and will proceed to savage the 2nd amendment more viciously than we probably could have imagined.
5. Sell your hoarded pmags and stripped lowers at 1000% of cost.

At the end of the day, we will get the president (and congress) our idiocy, ignorance, and fear-mongering has earned us. Trump will single-handedly sink the last few nails into the American coffin.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#14]
May shit be upon anyone who wants to restrict my rights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That was pretty much one debate... and I think even they figured they really can't out-gun control each other without developing a huge bunker of ammo for the Rs to use against them in the General.  Plus there are all those "moderate Dems" who like their huntin' and may get a bit peeved with what the far left really wants to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Arguing against a republican candidate, they can claim they just want "common sense gun control".  Arguing against another democrat candidate, things can quickly progress to "I'll take away all the guns, a lot faster than you will", which could push moderate democrats away.  Safer to not spend too much time on the issue, when debating other democrat candidates.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've watched almost all the debates and they did that in several of them.

it doesn't matter to them what they say and propose.  Whether it is just expanding on the presidents comments/actions or going much further, both of them believe much more gun control is the way to go.  Which essentially means that is what the democrat party currently stands for as is anybody who votes for them (especially in the general election)

The party has left the "moderates" that still exist.

The NRA better not hold anything back in their efforts to deny either democrat the white house.  It won't look good for them if they fail.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The batshit fucktards that engage in mass murder aren't inclusive of any "we" I associate myself with, nor do they have anything to do with my record.

Interesting verbiage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting verbiage.

I obviously didn't mean it like that at all.

My apologies for poor word choice.

I simply meant having less shootings that are nationally publicized might help us a little bit... but then again it might be too late already.

Every single discharge of a firearm within 5 miles of a school is being categorized as a "school shooting" these days. I just don't know how we recover from that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top