Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:00:48 AM EDT
Went to dinner last night with a friend of mine who owns a gun store.  He said one of his distributors just took delivery of 4000 Bushmaster rifles, he just received 15+ Colt M4s, he has numerous Colt M4 .22s, several S&W MP15s and the Springfield Armory people are begging him to take extra orders.  Ammo is still tight but it looks like guns are stacking up and he is only taking delivery if he can get last year's pre-election prices.  Handgun deliveries are picking up too but not as much as the rifles.  He has gotten one SCAR and thinks he can get more but they are still very pricey.  I asked about the SCAR-H and he said I could pre-order but it might be 12+ months before any deliveries.  Any other positive reports?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Guns have caught up IMO, now we just have to wait for ammo.

Local shop couldn't keep ARs on the shelves 4 months ago now they have way too many in stock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
We have RRA rifles and kits coming in. Now we need customers that want still them
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We've been getting plenty of Bushmasters, Sig 556s, and S&W M&P15s over the last month or two. We ran the ORC in our ad for Father's day and are still sitting on 20 of them. We also have 19 of the M4A3s here. Rifles and tacticool shotguns are storming our dock weekly and not leaving near as fast as they were a month ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
All i know is the prices on GunBroker have seemed to come down some finally

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Local shop couldn't keep ARs on the shelves 4 months ago now they have way too many in stock.

Just confirmed this at my 2 local range/stores.

I stopped at both over the last 2 days and they both have plenty of ARs but ammo is not only expensive (50 rds. "cheapest" .45acp $19.99), but they're only selling it to people who use their range.

ARs are a good 2 to 300 dollars more than they were before the election though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got CDNN's email specials, advertising a large selection of AR15s in stock, and free shipping on all AR15s.  A few weeks ago, they were throwing in a freebie package with (IIRC) a cleaning kit, sling, and other inexpensive odds and ends.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

same here...

pre-election: 1-2 ARs, 1-2 AKs

post-election: nothing for months

now: 5-6 ARs, 5-7 AKs, 2 HKs

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how many shops are going to be sitting on big orders from people who got into panic mode,put themself on a wait list and now have other priorities than a $1k fun gun.

I'm going to be we see them fall to and below preBama pricing by September.AR-15's on sale? Whoda thunk it 3 months ago?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
the wholesalers have guns that are in stock and staying in stock now, i do believe we're headed downhill on the gun side of the equation

the shiny things that those guns eat is another story
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got to a gunshow the last two weekends and there has been tons of AR's and uppers/lowers and didn't see many people buying at all. The local Gander Mountain and Academy both have several AR's and Sigs. I've seen tons of ammo everywhere but the price is still so high that nobody is buying any.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm going to be we see them fall to and below preBama pricing by September.AR-15's on sale? Whoda thunk it 3 months ago?

Me

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope so at least until another diabolical rumor of a ban pops up and prices go through the roof for no reason. Again... I wonder if panic buyers are yet feelin stupid for paying 50% or more for something due to rumors.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Prvi Partizan M855 was $.50 per cartridge at the last gun show, and it was going nowhere fast.

Brown Bear, and now Wolf .223 Rem has been in stock at AIM for about 3 days straight at $.28 per cartridge.

Ammo is coming back... Slowly.... But it is coming.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Noticed this a month or two ago.  Had to happen.  Only so much money to go around.  

My guess is shops/individuals placed multiple orders with multiple vendors.  Once the first stuff came in, remaining orders cancelled.  

Hasn't happened with ammo yet, but it will.  Stuff is slowly starting to show up.  

Big gunshow end of June.  Will be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#15]
He took delivery of four thousand  Bushmasters?  

ETA: Woops, nevermind. I reread it and see that it was the distributer, not the gun store.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]
A good friend of mine works at a gun store here. It is the largest gun store in the tri-state area. He says the panic buying is over. Last time I stopped by there weren't many customers. Before it was packed. If the ammo will catch up we will be OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top