Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:53:16 PM EDT
Currently stuck with 16 round UZI mags for my 45 AR Conversion - has anyone figured out how to use the 30 round Thompson mags yet?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought i read somewhere that they are too wide?? for your lower receiver?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if that means you'd have to get a wider lower - doesn't CavArms make that "all-one-piece" plastic lower that is wider?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I read that too
maybe I'll test it tomorrow, seeing how I have some tommy gun mags I bought for if I ever get a semi auto tommy gun
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a local guy here who did a conversion for thompson mags. you remove 10K of an inch all the way around the mag well and it will accept the mag. If you look in the ar15 forum under rimfire/pistol calibers a team member named Corvus did a conversion as well.

J
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wonder if that means you'd have to get a wider lower - doesn't CavArms make that "all-one-piece" plastic lower that is wider?

the cav lower is for grease gun magazines
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder when a commerically offered magblock will be available to take advantage of this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top