Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2001 7:42:50 PM EDT
I noticed this the other day when I was the range shooting at 100 yards. I took my rifle to the range after cleaning my rifle and I noticed my rifle seems to shoot better groups and my rifle has about 20 rounds thru it. I was shooting from the bench. I was talking to my dad about this and he said he thing it has to do the oil in the barrel. I clean my rifle with a bore brush and some Hoppes #9 and then I run a few dry patches down the barrel and the when Im done I run a patch with some Breakfree CLP followed by a dry patch. My dad thinks the first 20 rouns help spead the lubricant down the barrel more uniformly. Just looking for other people experiance.

Six
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My date and time is not coming up correct when I make postes so Im making another one to see if I can get it to come up on top.

Six
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It has to do with consistent barrel (and everything else for that matter) conditions.  When ever I go to a match I let 5 or 6 rounds go before the match.  You need to have a couple of fouling shots through it to make the first, as consistent with the last, as possible.

Also, I notice that shooting moly coated bullets you will have less fouling and less accuracy degradation due to it.
Top Top