User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 7:01:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No I have not heard this.

Last gun show I went to was in Bealton, did not notice any plain Crown Vics with cameras....
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
On the last weekend of every month the SAXET Gunshow happens in San Antonio.  In the parking lot you can see the ATF videotaping the people who frequent this show.  Perhaps it is to catch the many Mexicans who illegally purchase weapons in the US and then ship them to Mexico?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Tim Tobiason told me so. [:D]

and really if you put yourself in their shoes, why not? Simple, and just filming the plates part itself is probably legal. They could probably even pay some kid 20 bucks and a bag of grass to do it, leaving their people free to do more...uh, messy work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perhaps it is to catch the many Mexicans who illegally purchase weapons in the US and then ship them to Mexico?
View Quote

HAHA! That's their dream come true, maybe it's to make a propoganda film to send to Mexico to show them this can be done.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
So remove your license plate and take it in with you.  Just remember to put it back on before you leave.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand Hair Spray will cause the camera's auto focus to be out of focus, thus blurring the picture. Just spray alot on your license plate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
On the last weekend of every month the SAXET Gunshow happens in San Antonio.  In the parking lot you can see the ATF videotaping the people who frequent this show.  Perhaps it is to catch the many Mexicans who illegally purchase weapons in the US and then ship them to Mexico?
View Quote

Are you serious?  I will have to go check that out!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
In a city in my state, there was a black neighborhood gettogether to discuss their treatment by the police (driving while black, that sort of thing).  And they were outraged to find out the police were out on the streets writing down their license plate numbers.  

Well, I am not black, but I find it outrageous as hell.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you serious?  I will have to go check that out!
View Quote

The SAXET gun show in San Antonio is on the [u]first[/u] weekend of every month.  And please enlighten me as to where the ATF are videotaping.  I've never noticed anything strange there, but then again, I wasn't looking for people that might be videotaping me.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
While working at the VCDL table over the last few years, I [b][i]think[/i][/b] I have seen this.  The VCDL table is right by the front window.  There is usually a Suburban or other SUV with heavily tinted windows cruising the parking lot for 1+ hours.  They drive right past open parking spots, so it doesn't appear they're looking for somewhere to park.  They drive slowly and go down the same aisle repeatedly (getting one side the first time and the other the next?).  I have always assumed it was the ATF or State Police (they're pretty anti-gun in Virginia), but I don't know.  This wouldn't surprise me.  

I wonder what they would do if they caught us driving through their employee parking lot videotaping all of their license plates?  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I've never seen it, but I will be looking this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top