Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 9:56:17 PM EDT
I bought a 6 pack, and it not only is in a different bottle now (regular long-neck), it also tastes cheaper.  WTF?  Actually it doesn't taste very good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Tastes the same to me, but they did come out with a new Michelob Ultra, and that shit does taste cheap.
I drink Michelob Light [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't tried reg. Michelob in a while. Don't know.

Have they dropped Michelob Dark? That was my favorite steak grilln' beer. I can't find it anywhere around here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
What, it doesnt taste nastier the more you drink it? I think Michelob sucks! Then again, I aint a "beer snob" [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Have they dropped Michelob Dark? That was my favorite steak grilln' beer. I can't find it anywhere around here.
View Quote

By Michelob Dark, do you mean Amberbock? They still make that in full force.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haven't tried reg. Michelob in a while. Don't know.

View Quote
Yes they droped the dark, and I use to like that stuff. The amber bock tastes like crap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a 6 pack, and it not only is in a different bottle now (regular long-neck), it also tastes cheaper.  WTF?  Actually it doesn't taste very good.
View Quote

Check the bottle. I bet its Michelob Lager. Thats all I'm seeing stores now. It's to sweet for me. I buy alot of Michelob. Between my Father and I, we go through a keg of it every two weeks. It's one of my favorites.[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The CEO's of Anhaueser-Busch, Guinness, and Coors go out to a bar for drinks one night. The CEO of A-B orders a Bud. The CEO of Coors orders a Coors. The CEO of Guinness orders a glass of water. The other two CEOs look at him in amazement and ask "why water"?

The CEO of Guinness replies:

"If you guys aren't going to drink beer, then neither am I."

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to drink Mic Light almost exclusively, but a couple years ago the tatse went downhill IMHO. I now drink Bud Light or Bud Ice Light when I can find it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Check the bottle. I bet its Michelob Lager. Thats all I'm seeing stores now. It's to sweet for me. I buy alot of Michelob. Between my Father and I, we go through a keg of it every two weeks. It's one of my favorites.[beer]
View Quote

That's it.  Lager.  Don't know what style the real stuff was (in the no-neck, curved bottle)  -- pilsner?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Michelob?!?!?! [puke][puke][puke]

Why not drink REAL beer insead of that back wash.

Like:
Guinness
Murphy's
Gillespies
Fosters
Killians Red
Sam Adams
View Quote

I'm unable to get any of those in a keg where I live. Michelob is a Damn Good Alternative and I get it at quite a discount when I order it through my Masonic Brothers in The Grotto[;)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped drinking Michelob years ago. For some reason it makes me fart like a demon!
1 bottle is all it took - it was strange. No other beer does that to me.......

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Like:
Guinness
Murphy's
Gillespies
Fosters
Killians Red
Sam Adams
View Quote

because some of us dont like drinking loaves of bread? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tastes the same to me, but they did come out with a new Michelob Ultra, and that shit does taste cheap.
I drink Michelob Light [:D]
View Quote

I think it's long gone but many years ago there was a Michelob Dry that was good.

That [red]Michelob Ultra[/red]though[puke]some[puke]of[puke]the[puke]
[red]nastiest[/red][puke]beer[puke]I've[puke]ever[puke]tasted[puke][puke][puke][puke]

I'm with LT on this, get something like Harp or Bass  etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Cant stand it either. I held my breath through the six pack, 3.2 to boot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like:
Guinness
Murphy's
Gillespies
Fosters
Killians Red
Sam Adams
View Quote

Sounds like you're sayin' that Lone Star isn't real beer, either.

Guinness -  real good

Murphy's - overrated, gimicky

Fosters - real good

Sam Adams - pthhhht!

Black Star - mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Michelob actually used to be decent beer, maybe it was Michelob Dry I remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top