Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2001 8:17:33 AM EDT
I think it would be a pretty smart thing to do, but then again, what do I know? Has anyone ever come close to passing a National CCW and is there anyone still trying?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
There is currently a bill in the senate (I believe it is in the senate)for a national CCW but it's not likely to pass.  Write your senators and congressmen and let them know how you feel, and let them know that you won't vote for them if they vote against it.  They don't read these letters but they do count pro and con numbers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes they have, more info here... http://www.nationalccw.com

Some think its a good thing, some think its bad (states rights vs federal).
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out this site [url]http://www.nationalccw.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Has Anyone Ever Proposed a National CCW???
View Quote

Yes, its called the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#5]
soon, soon...

And my first vaccation will be to New York city with my Glock!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a bill in Congress sponsored by Ron Paul of Texas to force recognition of a CCW from your home state in the same manner as your DL.  Some say they don't want the Feds involved in this type of thing because they are infringing on state's rights.  These are pro-gun people.  However, I travel all over the country on my job and get very tired of the many places where I can't legally carry.  I would love to see this passed so I can tell cops in NYC to FO.  Nothing against the LEO's, just the stupid laws in places like NYC.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The pro-gun people who argue against national reciprocity on the basis of states' rights are cutting off their nose to spite their face.  The fact is, states' rights have been a joke to the feds for decades now.  The 10th Amendment is laughed at in the halls of Congress, and the courts allow all sorts of federal laws that have nothing to do with interstate commerce to stand.  We might as well take advantage of that situation and get  a national CCW or reciprocity bill passed, 'cause the supremacy of the feds isn't going to go away any time soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top