Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I decided to build a Service Rifle. Sitting on all kinds spare parts so I'm about 1/2-way there already.

Stripped ARFCOM forged A2 lower.
All kinds of lower parts left over from a retro build because A1 lowers can't be had.
Colt 6920 flat top upper receiver assembly.
Colt BCG & CH.
Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply 13" MLOK rail, that I believe is legal from reading the rules.
Ordered Brownells retro A1 buttstock, extension, buffer & spring, etc.

Just need barrel(?), scope & mount.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The rail is now legal, the key is the distance of the sling mount from the front of the magwell. ??

Barrel get a WOA Wilson, burn it up learning the positions, do that again, then decide if you want something better.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm juggling around a bunch of builds I have going on. I decided to use the ARFCOM lower on a pistol build.

I've got a complete Colt M4 Carbine lower I'm going to use for this.

ETA1: Decided to repurpose the SMOS 13" rail for the pistol build. too. Ordered a WOA 14.6" rail.

ETA2: The M4 lower is now wearing Brownells Retro A1 furniture and a Geissele trigger.

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't like the Brownells retro stock so returned it and ordered a real A1 stock.

6 weeks lead time on the WOA barrel.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't like the Brownells retro stock so returned it and ordered a real A1 stock.

6 weeks lead time on the WOA barrel.
View Quote
So when I ordered this WOA barrel, I was on the phone and was told specifically to get such and such barrel, configured such and such way because it was in stock. F that. I canceled that order and ordered a barrel from Wilson Combat. Price delta is mox nix.

Moving my build discussion to a new thread... Service Rifle Build
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What's really cool is that both military and civilians shoot at the same time.

I think it's awesome military guys get that patch to wear on their uniform.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
Didn't know this existed. Glad I do now.

What's really cool is that both military and civilians shoot at the same time.

I think it's awesome military guys get that patch to wear on their uniform.

I’d keep it quiet & only put one one ever pair of underwear I own for the spouse.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On a related subject, who can tell me what these are?  If you've been on a service team, you can't answer.  

https://i.imgur.com/j5SUTP4.jpg
View Quote

The first two are issued by the US Army to people who shoot like shit, the third one is awarded to soldiers that shoot okay.

I don't know what any of the others are, but I assume they are earned by shooters who are actually good at shooting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The first two are issued by the US Army to people who shoot like shit, the third one is awarded to soldiers that shoot okay.

I don't know what any of the others are, but I assume they are earned by shooters who are actually good at shooting.
View Quote

Pretty much.  Those are all the rifle marksmanship badges authorized for wear by Soldiers in DA Pam 670-1.  From left to right (lowest to highest precedence):

Marksman qualification badge
Sharpshooter qualification badge
Expert qualification badge
U.S. Army Excellence in Competition badge (Bronze)
U.S. Army Excellence in Competition badge (Silver)
Inter-Service Competition badge
National Trophy Match badge (no longer awarded)
U.S. Army Distinguished Rifleman badge
Distinguished International Shooter badge

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty much.  Those are all the rifle marksmanship badges authorized for wear by Soldiers in DA Pam 670-1.  From left to right (lowest to highest precedence):

Marksman qualification badge
Sharpshooter qualification badge
Expert qualification badge
U.S. Army Excellence in Competition badge (Bronze)
U.S. Army Excellence in Competition badge (Silver)
Inter-Service Competition badge
National Trophy Match badge (no longer awarded)
U.S. Army Distinguished Rifleman badge
Distinguished International Shooter badge

https://i.imgur.com/j5SUTP4.jpg
View Quote
I never knew anything about any of those except the first 3. Do any of those others get you promotion points?

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do any of those others get you promotion points?
View Quote

Nope.  And today is the last day for DA Photos, so they'll only appear in your ERB awards section (or your NCOER during the period you earned it).

ETA:  But the ORB/ERB entries are kind of obscure.  I have the EIC Badge in silver and you can see it shows up as EICRB 2.  I doubt anyone on a promotion board knows what that is.

" />
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top