Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 4:10:17 PM EDT
or will you accept me on my wannabe???
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think any bike would be ok, as long as you have a place for the AR. [8D]
SSD
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
AZ_Sky,

Don't sweat it.  If they don't accept you, just ride a mile or so behind them and collect the parts that fall off of their bikes.  Then, you can sell the parts back as you find the Harley riders broken down on the side of the road. [:D]

P.S.  No flames necessary, Harley fans.  I'm just bustin' on ya a little.  I can't afford one, so call it jealousy. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Some will some won't. Personally i don't descriminate as long as it's on 2 wheels and NOT a moped LOL
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

All bikes are good, nothing sounds like a HD !!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing that's always struck me as funny about Harley riders is the whole "Image" is of a non-conformist but to be accepted as a Harley rider you have to conform be wearing black and leather.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure, as long as you follow behind me so I don't have to dodge the parts that fall off that rice mill!

LOL!

[img]http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/eldiablo/dscn0002rs.jpg[/img]

Mike
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

All bikes are good, nothing sounds like a HD !!
View Quote

Some may see that as a good thing. [:D]

I dont care for harleys, you pay for the name, and are generally treated as a 2nd class person if dont ride one. I have always go out of my way to help and be friendly to bikes I see on the road. The HD riders are the most unfriendly as a group, not all but alot.
If I wanted a $20k bike I would buy a goldwing or a BMW1200.
That being said I am building a Yamaha R1 from scratch.

SorryOciffer

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I work in a HD dealership. Most people dont care what you ride, just as long as you ride. Hell I see guys trade in bikes with less than 1000 miles and a year old all the time, those are the guys we mess with.

"Did you buy it to keep your lawnmower company in the garage?"

As a whole most HD riders are genuinely good people who would help out in a minute if you were on the side of the road.

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top