Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 1:14:27 AM EST
What is a good single shot handgun? I am thinking of maybe getting the lone eagle, or the encore. What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:15:57 AM EST
I think the Encore is available in more calibers. You can also make it a rifle or a blackpowder muzzle loader.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:16:43 AM EST
Just because I like the pic's: [img]http://www.magnumresearch.com/old/images/BigLoneSmall.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.tcarms.com/encpistol/enc6.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:17:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By pkennedy: I think the Encore is available in more calibers. You can also make it a rifle or a blackpowder muzzle loader.
View Quote
Know of any other single shot pistols?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:21:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:23:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: Lorcin. One shot before it falls apart or KBs [BD]
View Quote
ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:24:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: Lorcin. One shot before it falls apart or KBs [BD]
View Quote
LOL!!! I had a friend who bought a .380, and he got one shot...That would save me a couple hundred!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:30:17 AM EST
So no other thoughts on a single shot pistol?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:42:02 AM EST
I still think your best bet is the T/C Encore. It is very versatile.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:45:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By pkennedy: I still think your best bet is the T/C Encore. It is very versatile.
View Quote
True, I am just trying to explore my options, of which I have found 2.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:52:05 AM EST
Weatherby Mark V CFP. Savage Striker. Maximum Single Shot. Gaucher GN1 Silhouette. Wichita Silhouette. Competitor Single Shot. BF Ultimate. I’m sure there are more. THISISME
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:53:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By THISISME: Weatherby Mark V CFP. Savage Striker. Maximum Single Shot. Gaucher GN1 Silhouette. Wichita Silhouette. Competitor Single Shot. BF Ultimate. I’m sure there are more. THISISME
View Quote
Thanks a lot. I will be doing my research. If anyone else knows of some, please post them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:46:00 AM EST
MOA pistols. from what i've read (when i was considering a single shot pistol) they are one of the best things going. www.moaguns.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:48:34 AM EST
I have a T/C Contender and an XP-100. I like the Contender's ability to change barrels/calibers. Mine has a .22 barrel and a .357 barrel. The XP is chambered in 7mmBR and is SWEEEET. T/C is coming out with an upgraded Contender frame. The only reason I can see for going with an Encore is if you want to shoot really high-powered loads (.308 and up.) As far as I'm concerned, if the Contender frame isn't strong enough to handle it, whatever it is is too much for a handgun - at least of the design of the Contender. (Worst kicker I ever shot was a .44 Mag in a Contender. Something about the grip shape makes that thing STING when I shoot it.) I want to get a carbine stock and barrel in a nice flat-shooting caliber for mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:49:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By sloth: MOA pistols. from what i've read (when i was considering a single shot pistol) they are one of the best things going. www.moaguns.com
View Quote
cool site...yet more for the research files.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:33:06 AM EST
Look for a Contender - they have good after market support, and they have a very good adjustable trigger. The G2 Contender has been promised to the market forever - it will have a "California" trigger, nonadjustable and designed to satisfy California's AD law. The Encore also has a non-adjustable trigger, and I have never turned up any gunsmiths that are doing much trigger work on them (although it has been 6 months or so since I looked).
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:53:40 AM EST
Top Top