Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:53 AM EDT
I've been kickin' around the idea of picking up one of the two to use for ML deer here in Tennessee. I'd be getting two(one for me, one for my grandson) and wonder if anyone has either and what do you think about it.  I had one of the older H&R's back in the day when they had the press in, O-ring breach plug. It was in .45cal and was a real tack driver, that's why I'm thinking about getting into them again. Anyway, talk to me people, let me know what ya' think or if there's a better, inexpensive ML on the market.  

P.S.
Not to worry, My Austin & Halleck Flint Mt. Rifle isn't going anywhere. I love that thing and wouldn't trade it off for a truck load of inlines.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Huntsman last month, and have taken it to the range once. I'm happy with it, I'm getting one inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights. It is also easy to break down and clean.  Greybeard's has a forum on these rifles, you might check it out as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I am getting a NEF in 30-06 for deer hunting this year. I plan on adding a Huntsman barrel.

Everything I have read about them has been positive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a Huntsman last month, and have taken it to the range once. I'm happy with it, I'm getting one inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights. It is also easy to break down and clean.  Greybeard's has a forum on these rifles, you might check it out as well.

LOL, I've just posted a thread about it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i have not heard one negative comment about the huntsmen rifles.

that says alot...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top