Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:53:55 PM EDT
I bought one from a guy today who wanted an M4gery instead.

I can buy AR's any day of the week, but an actual H&K 91 is rare.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Importing of German-made HK rifles are governed by an exec order issued by GWB Jr's dad, and that does not expire.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Importing of German-made HK rifles are governed by an exec order issued by GWB Jr's dad, and that does not expire.

And with the correct number of US made parts it can have a flash hider and collapsable stock, now that the AWB is dead.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with the correct number of US made parts it can have a flash hider and collapsable stock, now that the AWB is dead.

Technically, they would all be "prebans" anyway, wouldn't they?  Didn't importation end before 1994??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I will buy the collapsible stock next month. Dang, this AWB Sunset is getting expensive!

I think it was planeed by the Dems so that gun guys don't have any money to give to candidates.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Technically, they would all be "prebans" anyway, wouldn't they?  Didn't importation end before 1994??

Only if they had 2 or more evil features before the ban:

1980's HK91 w/o Collapsable stock, bayonet lug, or flash hider when ban took effect-must remain in post-ban form
Same gun that did have a collapsable stock and/or flash hider and/or bayonet lug-Can be configured any way you like so long as it is transfered in pre-ban form.

Of course, the above no longer applies, so long as you have the proper # of US parts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Strange timing, tonight I just dremmeled off the muzzle nut on my 1990 era PARS XG3S (Potuguese).  The HK 91 is just the HKs model name for the semi automatic version of the G3.

All HK 91s are pre 1989 import ban.  The '89 is a very strict ban, and allowed no 'evil features' whereas the '94 allowed one.  They imported some postbans ('89 ban but pre '94).  The postban semi G3 was named something other than 'HK 91'.  Those (and clones) had thumbhole stocks and either a muzzle nut or a naked barrel.  I can think of only two HK licensed clone builders, the Greeks and Portuguese.  The import of these stopped fairly quickly.  I assume sales were too low to justify further import while domestic stuff was still cheap and free of restrictions.  

The G3 has 17 of the 20 922r parts if it has a threaded muzzle.  You must replace 7 parts to achieve domestic status and be free of the '89 which did not sunset.  Decent domestic furnature is totally missing, so one has no choice but to add US parts to the magazine to keep decent furnature.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This begs the question.  Can an HK91 imported for LEO use have 10 factory parts replaced with US made parts and then be legal for civilian ownership?  That seems to be what the guy with the SIG 550's referenced in another thread is doing.  Just curious.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The older sheet metal receiver Springfield Armory SAR3/SAR8 is a HK91-clone that is actually better than the real German-made rifle. You don't need the HK special sight adjustment to make adjustments.The SAR8, sans wide forearm, and pistol grip. Most accessories that fit the HK91 will also fit the SAR3/SAR8. The major difference between the 2 rifles is in the trigger pack. The trigger of the HK91 is totally a new unit, whereas the trigger of the SAR3/8 is a G3 unit fixed in single fire mode.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Now this brings up an interesting question.  I have an HK SR9 with the factory thumbhole stocks.  I also have a set of G3 stocks and a bipod that I don't have installed because I haven't put enough US parts in to make that legal.

So the question is, would it be a good idea to put the US parts in, install the evil stocks & bipod, then go ahead and install a flash supressor?  Or would the addition of the flash supressor be an abomination to the SR9?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top