Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2002 2:50:33 PM EDT
Howdy!

Been running voice on 2m/70 cm for quite some time. I'm working on learning code and getting up on HF. Recently, I got a good deal on a Kenwood TS-140. I've been looking into the MARS program. One requirement is packet/digital capability. Now, i'm good with computers, and i have a surplus of computers perfect for packet. But i haven't the first clue where to get started in this bracket of the hobby. Tips? Pointers? Links? Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Check:
qrz.com discussion forums, search for packet. You'll find alot of hits. Also the ARRL handbook has a pretty good section on packet. Although I've had my ticket for 27 years I haven't done any packet, it's on the to do list but so are a whole pile of other things. Good hunting.
jj
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.

I am aiming for Air Force MARS. Heck..what did you expect from the army??? (lol)

Seeing I'm stationed and work 100 yards from HQ AFCA, I don't think it will be a problem getting the application approved promptly.

I'm a computer person for the AF, and i've got computers coming out of my rear. I jsut figured this sounded interesting. I'm goign to have to pick up a TNC. Anyone ever use one of those rascal devices? sounds neat, but prolly crummy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top