Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:13:58 PM EDT
OK, 26 Aug I finally leave the house for good.  (had a prior post on this)  One week later, I get an Order of Protection served on me.  Had to go to court today on it.  Reasons for the OOP

1. On 2 sep 1995 he pushed me.
2. he screams at me and it scares the dogs.
3. He gets mad if the house is not clean.....

Needless to say, I had fun at court.  Had a female judge that is known quite well in the area.  Muriel Robinson.  Name posted for those in the area...  I couldn't tell you how bad she chewed out the ex about this and the comments she made about the "idiot" that signed the petition.  Needless to say, case dismissed without prejudice.  Ex has to pay court costs and the judge tells us that we had better be seeing her really soon for the divorce.

Funny part was ex showed up with a walker, wearing a back brace and had one leg wrapped in an ace bandage.  Playing the poor little disabled pitiful person.  I had the laptop with me containing a 30 second Mpeg of her messing with the fish tanks.  Stand up, bend over, stand up, squat move around like there is nothing in the world wrong in any way.  (the way she really is when not seeking pity like at court, Tenncare bureau, or social security administration etc...)  Judge makes us go out into the hall for her to see video first (disclosure).  I show her the video, when done I close the laptop and say that's it.  Her comment...."You lieing son of a .....""This is b*** S***"  What I am trying to figure out is how a video of her can possibly be construed as me telling a lie?

Anyway, Had a wonderful time there today....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Job, I hope your future visits to the courtroom go as smoothly.  Just out of curiosity, were you on your own or do you have a lawyer?  

Just checking in the good 'ol Arfcom tradition of "Lawyer Up."
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't know WTF any of that means
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
At least you had fun. I sure haven't found anything to celabrate with my recent court visits.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, 26 Aug I finally leave the house for good.  (had a prior post on this)  One week later, I get an Order of Protection served on me.  Had to go to court today on it.  Reasons for the OOP

10 years is a pretty long time, especially for pulling this kind of a stunt.

What is her problem?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great Job, I hope your future visits to the courtroom go as smoothly.  Just out of curiosity, were you on your own or do you have a lawyer?  

Just checking in the good 'ol Arfcom tradition of "Lawyer Up."

Working on that.  I knew that I wouldn't need one today.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Stupid wench.

No offense to daisywench.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
You shouldn't speak so poorly of wenches.  Last I remember wenching is a fun thing to do and not something you would want to do with her.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yeah, any one in the area know a good affordable divorce attorney?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Women are just evil. Must be that extra chromosome.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

God took from man to make woman and it hasn't stopped since......

Proof that women are a creation of Satan.....Anything that can bleed for an entire week and not die must be a satanic creation....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God took from man to make woman and it hasn't stopped since......

Proof that women are a creation of Satan.....Anything that can bleed for an entire week and not die must be a satanic creation....

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
If it appreciates, OWN it.  If it depreciates, lease it.  

Paid professional services are always better than pro bono services done by an amateur.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Paid professional services are always better than pro bono services done by an amateur.

Well understood, but $1500 up front plust $200 an hour?  That is pure extremism.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#16]
kicking it up for the day shift.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#17]
You know why divorce costs so much?

Because it's worth it....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well understood, but $1500 up front plust $200 an hour?  That is pure extremism.  

Wow! And I thought prices around here were bad. $1500 is about right, but my last one was only $125/hr. He also accepted $100/mo. and let me slide on the retainer. Lawyers are used to taking payments, sometimes very low payments, if you can convince them you're honest enough for the risk and can't pay the big fees. I'm sure seeing something like you vid and the transcript of this appearance would really help you out.

Find a good one and hang the costs. It's worth it. Really.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OK, 26 Aug I finally leave the house for good.  (had a prior post on this)
<...>
I show her the video, when done I close the laptop and say that's it.  Her comment...."You lieing son of a .....""This is b*** S***"  

You, sir....   are my hero.

I missed your last post though. Got a link?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow! And I thought prices around here were bad. $1500 is about right, but my last one was only $125/hr. He also accepted $100/mo. and let me slide on the retainer. Lawyers are used to taking payments, sometimes very low payments, if you can convince them you're honest enough for the risk and can't pay the big fees. I'm sure seeing something like you vid and the transcript of this appearance would really help you out.

I thought we were talking about hookers!?!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Needless to say, I had fun at court.  Had a female judge that is known quite well in the area.  Muriel Robinson.  Name posted for those in the area...  I couldn't tell you how bad she chewed out the ex about this and the comments she made about the "idiot" that signed the petition.  Needless to say, case dismissed without prejudice.  Ex has to pay court costs and the judge tells us that we had better be seeing her really soon for the divorce.

Funny part was ex showed up with a walker, wearing a back brace and had one leg wrapped in an ace bandage.  Playing the poor little disabled pitiful person.  I had the laptop with me containing a 30 second Mpeg of her messing with the fish tanks.  Stand up, bend over, stand up, squat move around like there is nothing in the world wrong in any way.  (the way she really is when not seeking pity like at court, Tenncare bureau, or social security administration etc...)  Judge makes us go out into the hall for her to see video first (disclosure).  I show her the video, when done I close the laptop and say that's it.  Her comment...."You lieing son of a .....""This is b*** S***"  What I am trying to figure out is how a video of her can possibly be construed as me telling a lie?

Anyway, Had a wonderful time there today....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty close to the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<...>

No...   hookers don't do pro bono work. They do pro boner work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I had to read that probably 5 times before I got any idea what you were talking about.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I understood it the first time through...  Funny stuff.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Muriel Robinson.  Name posted for those in the area...  

Aarrggghhh!!!  She strikes fear into men everywhere in TN!!!! Glad to hear she was on your side on this one as she is one crusty bitch when riled!

How ya doing otherwise?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Nah, it's the rib.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Good luck man, sounds like you're off to a good start

As for the fees, I've got no experience in such matters, but to my mind that might be quite cheap compared with an unfavorable divorce.

Kinda the difference between giving a pint down at the bank or having a big mean leach hooked to your jugular for the forseeable future.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I understood it the first time through...  Funny stuff.  

+1 it was not that confusing
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I had no problem following your post.

And I have a wench on the front of my ATV and I don't find it stupid at all

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top