Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:41:15 PM EDT
I have been traveling across the country for the last 4 years quite extensivly. I have encountered just about every type of person.
I have come to a realization of how Arfcom is and the rest of the world is.
Arfcom is a place that can allow you to think the world will end at any moment and people in general are pieces of shit.
I have found people are generally good and will help you out in need. There is no Red Dawn scenario that is about to happen
so you can stop stockpiling a small mall of survival gear in your mother's basement.
Political climate sucks, but people in other countries dont sweat it as bad as people on Arf do.
People do not care about firearms as intensely as folks on here do. I love mine, but Im stepping away from amking it my only source of funa nd entertainment.
Some should do the same.
All in all I think the people of Arf are way to high strung for a normal lifestyle out of their parents basemets.

Flame away
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
oh i am so in
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
All ends of the spectrum
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
k so this is your fairwell thread?

k bye
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
In it
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
in on this one!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thomas Jefferson said something like "Imperialism isn't consistent with the people, but with its rulers".

The people of America are so different from its legislators. Almost everyone wants to be left alone and live a good life and possibly help a few people along the way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
k so this is your fairwell thread?

k bye

No

I like this site well enough to look past all the doom and gloomt hat happens. In fact I am hoping to meet up next weekend with some local Arfcommers here in Port Huron MI.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#8]
So basically, you're saying you're better then everyone else? Because you are not willing to prepare for a disaster in your area? Because we all live in our Mom's basements, and you don't? Because we all derive satisfaction from guns and nothing else? Because we recognize Obama and the Dems for what they really are?

Okay then, fuck you very much.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh oh have you been  

ETA subscribed
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Go take a cruise...... to Mexico!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Ha ha, the joke's on you!  My parents don't have a basement!  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
So what's your point?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#13]
So you're from CO or MI?  

Arfcom is high strung... but what a lot of people fail to understand (in my limited experience) is that all this preparation for the apocalypse is kinda fun.  I like going to the range and practicing with my guns, I like staying in shape, I like learning about new things...  If it weren't so agreeable there would be far fewer people devoting so much time to it.  Dont lose your edge!!!!!!

ETA: I do live with my parents but I'm only 20 and in school *excuse*
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
People will help you change your tire on a deserted highway.

Arfcommers will help provide supporting fire so YOU can change the tire on a deserted highway full of zombies.

That is the difference between us and them...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
have you found some evidence in your travels that things are going to get better?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#16]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#17]
You sucked a cock didn't you mister?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I think your attitude might fit in somewhere in this quote.

The average age of the world s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:

"From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependency; From dependency back into bondage."

–– From "The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic", Alexander Fraser Tyler (1748 - 1813)
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Foing?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#21]
You haven't travelled much at all.

Keep going...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree with your empirical evidence.  Other countries don't get as spun up about firearms as we do.

I disagree with your conclusion: I am not going to stop shooting because we're under attack or other people don't find it important.  they have been neutered so long they do not understand WHY it's important.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Its cool. Dibs on guns and ammos when you are gone.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So basically, you're saying you're better then everyone else? Because you are not willing to prepare for a disaster in your area? Because we all live in our Mom's basements, and you don't? Because we all derive satisfaction from guns and nothing else? Because we recognize Obama and the Dems for what they really are?

Well, really, this.  Not to rain on your parade, OP, but a) I don't live in my mom's basement, and in fact have been self-sufficient & haven't lived with my mom for like 20+ years, and b) I have a HUGE number of interests besides guns (including girls), and c) while I'm sure I'm nowhere near! as prepared as alot on this board, the sheer fact of questioning preparedness (earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes, anyone?) makes you seem like a naïve child.  Just how old are you, exactly?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have been traveling across the country for the last 4 years quite extensivly. I have encountered just about every type of person.
Arfcom is a place that can allow you to think the world will end at any moment and people in general are pieces of shit.
I have found people are generally good and will help you out in need. There is no Red Dawn scenario that is about to happen
so you can stop stockpiling a small mall of survival gear in your mother's basement.
Political climate sucks, but people in other countries dont sweat it as bad as people on Arf do.
People do not care about firearms as intensely as folks on here do. I love mine, but Im stepping away from amking it my only source of funa nd entertainment.
Some should do the same.
All in all I think the people of Arf are way to high strung for a normal lifestyle out of their parents basemets.

Flame away

FAIL. So much FAIL.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this your way of saying you voted for Obama?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#27]
ouch that stings!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Good call. I did the same thing last year. Bought a motorcycle and having fun. Too much doom and gloom and a safe full of guns I never use.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Do whatever you wish. But for me? I think I'll keep stocking survival gear, enjoy shooting and firearms and keep in mind how quickly many previously "helpful and nice" folks can turn into demons if the situation is right. You're basing all of your assumptions on a perfect world with no problems. Let a monkey wrench get thrown into the equation and all bets are off.

So by all means, if you don't feel the need, don't prepare. If you want lots of other hobbies, by all means, go for them. But by the same token, don't try to tell me or anyone else here what they should or shouldn't do. I'll live my life however I damn well please, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Who gives a fuck what you think?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I got this.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Without fail, certain people take any attack on the idiots here as an attack on themselves.

I always find that amazing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I apologize that I take enjoyment in emergency preparedness, personal fitness, marksmanship/shooting sports, and other things that are just damn crazy.

Maybe you don't see all the normal folk on ARF and just the crazies.

But anyway, I guess if this is goodbye...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ha ha, the joke's on you!  My parents don't have a basement!  

No, shit- mom hooked me up with a Fonzie apartment over the garage.  Show's how little he knows.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
No Civil War/Russians/Mexicans/Zombies/Red Dawn to worry about? WTF?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Somebody post that "Well, bye" pic please.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Some should do the same.

Flame away

This is the most cow hearted thing I have ever read here.

I'll not shrug off my rights because the subject is stressful.

As for the basement comment; If you and three of your neighbors pooled your money you most likely could not afford the home I own.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Arfcommers will help provide supporting fire so YOU can change the tire on a deserted highway full of zombies.

Nice comparative analogy....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#40]
in
on 1
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some should do the same.

Flame away

So because you had an epiphany about yourself you feel you need to apply it to others.  Pretty self absorbed aren't you.  Being prepared is not paranoid, it's smart.  And guns is one of many hobbies that I have, doesn't make it wrong.  As far as my parents basement, I've got four kids and a great job and my mother lives 4500 miles away.  You sir, are an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But if it's full of zombies...how can it be deserted?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Your avatar is so ironic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Well, I can't accept your conclution. You are comparing this forum where you see the intermost thoughts (for better or worse) of people that own guns.  When you say:

"I have been traveling across the country for the last 4 years quite extensivly. I have encountered just about every type of person."

With this I hope you realize the difference. "Encountering" someone is totally different to them opening up to you and pouring their hearts out. "Encounterd" people are on their best behavior generally, fitting right into the social strata that they assume you want to see.

Also, that group of people fall into the "sheep" category. They go about their daily lifes without a care in the world. The folks here at least are aware of the POSSIBLITY of *SHTF*. Most are not holed up in their parents (or their) basement clutching their guns (or should I say "clinging" )

America is not immune to history. All countries fall, it's just a matter of when.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

.... In fact I am hoping to meet up next weekend with some local Arfcommers here in Port Huron MI.

Is it a Gay Thing?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Top 10 Stupidest Post Ever.

HH
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok. I'm gonna go load some mags.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not convinced.  I'll continue preparing and stocking supplies for whatever it is I'm getting ready for.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Whatever, and stay off my lawn.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#50]
its fun tho
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top