Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
I have a final project due on Wednesday and we are supposed to use PHP and for the life of me I can not get it to work.

I think my problem is I do not have a webserver installed on my machine.  I have to hand code ( no dreamweaver or frontpage) and use 'includes' but they do not work and I copied the code directly from a working example.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you have to have something like the actual PHP installed for it to work... I dont run the sevres, I only put the CMS on it..
ETA: If you want I can hook you up with an FTP account to one of mine for a bit so you can test it...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a free windows version of apache out there.  You can install that and then run php pages on your own computer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
PHP Designer might have what you need. It has a debugger and a preview feature, which I assume means it contains a small, lightweight HTTP server in the IDE itself or installed with the IDE. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
For php to work, you have to have a web server and a version of php.  Use the windows version of apache and the windows version of php.

www.php.net/downloads.php

httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top