Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2002 6:08:18 PM EDT
What is the HTML command that allows your frames and stuff within them to adjust (without cutting part of it off) to the size of your browser window?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
HTML is short for Hot Tamale

ha ha
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
use % for the width.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i did, except i have images that get cut off when the browser/comp screen is smaller.

any way to get around that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
HTML? Thats what Microsoft Frontpage is for.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Design in a lower resolution.

It sounds like you have images whose total horizontal pixel width exceeds the screen width in the lower resolution (800x600?).
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HTML? Thats what Microsoft Frontpage is for.  
View Quote

No, no, Thats what DreamWeaver/Fireworks is for!

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Image resizing is a browser function.  If the browser doesn't support it or it is turned off the image will be cutoff and you will need to scroll to view the whole thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
On your primary frames page ([i]the page that calls up the viewable pages[/i]), insert the auto scrolling into the frame that needs to allow scrolling, in order to view the entire page...

EX:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top