Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:07:19 PM EDT
Any idea's on the G36?  The ol' AR is getting to be "been there done that"  Looking for cool new toy
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you an SOT?

If not, you won't be getting a G36.

Also, IIRC HK has discontinued their importation even for LE depts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that sucks.  A civilian version would be nice and fun to have.  I am Mil, but that only lets me get away with so much, nothing like getting one of these.  I was just wondering if they made a CIV bersion.  Thanks for the info.

Quoted:
Are you an SOT?

If not, you won't be getting a G36.

Also, IIRC HK has discontinued their importation even for LE depts.

Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well that sucks.  A civilian version would be nice and fun to have.

The SL8 ? Requires some modifications though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I was shooting at a range in Indiana last month and some guy was demo'ing it for a local PD.  I had the chance to put a few rounds through it.  WOW.  I want one now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a Sl8 made into a G36 , www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=50837953  .   Wow alot $$$$$  

Hope you find what you want.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Green is the color of envy is it not?  Well that's me for now.  That had to have been fun.

Quoted:
I was shooting at a range in Indiana last month and some guy was demo'ing it for a local PD.  I had the chance to put a few rounds through it.  WOW.  I want one now.

Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the only "cool and new" stuff we can get is what?

PS90
FS2000
Sig 55x

and maybe a AUG?? I think there is one other, it's escaping me right now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think the only "cool and new" stuff we can get is what?

PS90
FS2000
Sig 55x

and maybe a AUG?? I think there is one other, it's escaping me right now.

Robarm XCR and maybe the SCAR
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I had and sold an SL8. Great rifle internally, but the execution of the polymer was lacking. Mine developed cracks in the lower trigger housing, and I didn't want to jump through the hoops and rifle mutiliation necessary to convert it to double stack.

A shame, really. The action on that thing was oustanding. An the cold hammer forged barrel was top notch.

Worth the cost though? Not in my opinion.  For a collector of H&K products perhaps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
you can get an airsoft G36
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, the G-36 is internally almost identical to the AR-18, (it's another AR-18 clone but in a plastic case), so save your money and buy one of those.

ANdy
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]
We got a few civy legal G-36's in Canada. Apparently the importer told HK theywould be for "movie use", then sold em anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We got a few civy legal G-36's in Canada. Apparently the importer told HK theywould be for "movie use", then sold em anyway.

LOL

I knew a few got into Canada, didnt know that was the case though
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 2:40:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The SL8 is the only Civilian way to go.
I like mine. I wont say I like it more than any other rifle I own, but I like it  none the less.
It shoots extremely well w/o much recoil. Aims well ,although the factory sights are a joke.
I didn't convert it to the G36 conversion like the others have done.
Seems kind of silly to me to to make it look like something it will never be.
All in all it is a great rifle. Light and fun to shoot.
Expensive for what it is and hard to find. Aftermarket optics are somewhat hard to set up for it. I have tried EOTECH and ACOG with no lock because of the check weld and the way the rail is.
So a standard scope will have to be used.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Played with one, also posted a picture of me holding one in the "Iraq Vets" thread.

Some of the guys in our unit is doing some low-pro stuff and they get Sig 226 and G36's.
We get M9's and M16A4's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Played with one, also posted a picture of me holding one in the "Iraq Vets" thread.

Some of the guys in our unit is doing some low-pro stuff and they get Sig 226 and G36's.
We get M9's and M16A4's.

I know a PSG in Iraq who carries a SIG 552…

ANdy
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 3:02:33 AM EDT
[#17]
HK G36 wouldn't stayed zero'd with Aimpoints for the US Capitol Police.  They dumped them and are now carrying RRA ARs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We get M9's and M16A4's.

ANdy

That'd be coo.

We worked with a General's PSD team and their head guy had a 552.

He walked by the vehicle and I did a double take...I was like, "was that a freakin 552???"  Sure enough, I asked him, yep.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 3:09:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We get M9's and M16A4's.

ANdy

That'd be coo.

He walked by the vehicle and I did a double take...I was like, "was that a freakin 552???"  Sure enough, I asked him, yep.

Baghdad and the airport? Might be him…

ANdy
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
What is so great about a G36? It is still a 5.56NATO and I think it uses M16 mags(if not  more the reason not to get one)

I'll stick with my M4orgery until I can get a phased plasma rifle in the 45 watt range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What is so great about a G36? It is still a 5.56NATO and I think it uses M16 mags(if not  more the reason not to get one)

I'll stick with my M4orgery until I can get a phased plasma rifle in the 45 watt range.

Gas piston rather than direct impingement on the bolt…

Andy
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Any idea's on the G36?  The ol' AR is getting to be "been there done that"  Looking for cool new toy

Unless you are a law-enforcement agency, you cannot buy a G-36. There are people out there who can convert this:

into this:

But it costs a metric crap-ton of money.

As far as an expensive and cool new toy, I suggest perhaps looking at the new FN rifle. They are pretty cool and probably much better than the G36.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I was at the range last night and saw a rifle just like the one above that had been converted.  The guy even had the carry handle with the double optics setup.  It was very nice, so I had to compliment him on the rifle.  

I have seen some used SL-8s around.  You just have to look (and really want one).
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:44:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We get M9's and M16A4's.

ANdy

That'd be coo.

Baghdad and the airport? Might be him…

ANdy

Baghdad, not the airport though.  Our building...
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I shot one in Georgia back in 1999.
Local LE dealer just got one in and the department was picking it up at the range (Firing Line in Athens).  Cop let a few of us shoot it and I was very impressed.  If they offered it here in a real version, I'd pick one up if the price was reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:47:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Just a little modification and they can take M16 mags.

They use the plastic Thermold mags which are pretty cool, they have little hook systems on the side so they can hook on other G36 mags to them and make a MagCinch thingie....
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They use the plastic Thermold mags which are pretty cool, they have little hook systems on the side so they can hook on other G36 mags to them and make a MagCinch thingie....

Kinda like the Sig 556 mags.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really....que interestado.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I prefer the AR.  I fired a few mags through one (full auto) and I didn't like it as much a M16.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought I would like to have owned one at one time. Though HK's demeanor towards the American civilian firearm enthusiast left me a little more than cold.

They can keep their products.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gas piston rather than direct impingement on the bolt…

Andy

Ok that is a major plus.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

web.telia.com/~u22104255/552%205.JPG

Andy

Word.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top