Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:39:52 PM EDT
I have an HK 91 with a bipod and the larger front handguard.  What is the tab on the left side of the front hand guard for?  The bi-pod kind hits it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]

I think the leather sling slider  hooks in there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It's for the loop on the R3/3 web sling.  Holds the gun at a ready position.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that is for the sling...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the bid-pod foot supposed to hit it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I just cut a small wedge out of my bipod so it doesn't hit it.  It took 5 min with a dremel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have the most common type of bipod for these,
than it is made to have a lot of movement in it's
retaining slot.
It will hit the tab if you let it roll that way when it's
folded up.

If it bothers you could put some rubber coating on the clip,
such as the undercoating for vehicles.

Mine's no safe queen ,so it doesn't bother me.

That tab is in a spot where you can clip in a retaining ring
that is on the G3 sling ,to shorten it when needed.

(Some people think these are for hanging them on the wall ,
don't believe them !)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the 3 holes for in the buttstock?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There are 2 holes, not 3, and they are to store the retaining pins when the rifle is fieldstripped.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 2 holes, not 3, and they are to store the retaining pins when the rifle is fieldstripped.

Strange because mine has 3.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine has two.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.cz75.us/hk91butt.jpg

WTF??

Never seen THAT before!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cz75.us/hk91butt.jpg

WTF??

Never seen THAT before!

Me either, and I've owned three of them.  If it's smaller than the other two, it's probably for the handguard pin.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Third hole is for the handguard retention pin.  Check it out to see if it fits.  If it doesn't, we'll call Scully in to investigate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

And if you ask Duncan Long it is so you can hang the rifle on a nail.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cz75.us/hk91butt.jpg

WTF??

Never seen THAT before!

Me either, and I've owned three of them.  If it's smaller than the other two, it's probably for the handguard pin.

New to me as well and I've seen a few hundred of them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And if you ask Duncan Long it is so you can hang the rifle on a nail.

Old School!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
But why are you guys even talking about a real HK 91.  Dont you guys know the JLD version is much better then the real thing?

Yes thats with severe sarcasm.

Dude you have a weird stock. I also have seen several dozen HK91s and thats that first one I have seen with the extra pin holder. Is that an original stock or an aftermarket?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you have the most common type of bipod for these,
than it is made to have a lot of movement in it's
retaining slot.
It will hit the tab if you let it roll that way when it's
folded up.

If it bothers you could put some rubber coating on the clip,
such as the undercoating for vehicles.

Mine's no safe queen ,so it doesn't bother me.

That tab is in a spot where you can clip in a retaining ring
that is on the G3 sling ,to shorten it when needed.

(Some people think these are for hanging them on the wall ,
don't believe them !)

I have a factory HK forearm and bipod.  The feet hit that tab when the bipod is centered and in the grooves.  I think some of the feet vary in size a little bit because my friend has a factory HK bipod as well.  It is identical in size, finish, etc, but the feet on mine are slightly wider.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Plastic or metal feet?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just cut a small wedge out of my bipod so it doesn't hit it.  It took 5 min with a dremel.

If you have the bipod on correctly it won't even touch it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do and it touches mine.  It is uncommon, but on some of them the feet are slighly wider.  Since you seem to have seen mine by your comment it seems you would know that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry about the crappy pic quality.  Oh and factory HK bipods from my experience are nice and tight when not deployed.  I had a POF forearm and bipod and the bipod would move side to side when not deployed with even the slightest pressure or just by gravity.   It was kinda sloppy.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, you have never seen "Deal of The Century" ? It's a bottle opener.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do and it touches mine.  It is uncommon, but on some of them the feet are slighly wider.  Since you seem to have seen mine by your comment it seems you would know that.

Here's the thing.

1. All HK factory forearms are the same. Same length, width, etc. and same clip in the same location.

2. All HK factory bipods are the same. Same length, width, etc.

All placement of bipods on forearms should be the same.

Every single factory HK with bipod I have EVER seen has been identical in this respect. Yours is the first one I've ever even heard of that isn't.

Is it all factory?

Looks like a steel NATO bipod so that should be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

1. All HK factory forearms are the same. Same length, width, etc. and same clip in the same location.

Every single factory HK with bipod I have EVER seen has been identical in this respect. Yours is the first one I've ever even heard of that isn't.

Is it all factory?

The rifle is a PTR I'm fairly sure the bipod and forearm is factory HK.  The factory handguard worked but bipods had to much play so I replaced it.

You don't think there could just be some out of spec bipods?  I'm pretty sure it's factory HK.  Aren't the NATO and POF bipods essentially the same?  I thought the NATO one's had a blacker finish than a factory HK bipod.  I don't think the NATO feet normally look like mine either.  I saw pics either here or hkpro and their bipod looked exactly like mine.  I know it looks dark in the pic but the bipod looks like HK "grey" in oerson.  About the same color as the factory claw I used to have.  I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

Is it all factory?

The rifle is a PTR I'm fairly sure the bipod and forearm is factory HK.  The factory handguard worked but bipods had to much play so I replaced it.

You don't think there could just be some out of spec bipods?  I'm pretty sure it's factory HK.  Aren't the NATO and POF bipods essentially the same?  I thought the NATO one's had a blacker finish than a factory HK bipod.  I don't think the NATO feet normally look like mine either.  I saw pics either here or hkpro and their bipod looked exactly like mine.

There is your problem. I'm pretty sure the forearm is NOT factory HK. PTR can't use factory forearms due to the 922r 10 count rule. Not sure if they are home rolled or Top Notch stuff.

Seriously why would HK make a non standard forearm?

NATO HK bipods are NOT the same as POF. POF is paki and is notorious for not being "quite" to spec. They "look" the same but that isn't the same as being the same.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
But why are you guys even talking about a real HK 91.  Dont you guys know the JLD version is much better then the real thing?

Dude you have a weird stock. I also have seen several dozen HK91s and thats that first one I have seen with the extra pin holder. Is that an original stock or an aftermarket?

Yeah, umm, I HAVE one of these rifles, and it shoots close to a minute with milsurp. Hasn't failed to feed or extract/eject in over 500 rounds.

Best rifle I've ever owned. What's your prejudice against the JLD made gun? That it doesn't cost $2300?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
snip

snip

There is your problem. I'm pretty sure the forearm is NOT factory HK. PTR can't use factory forearms due to the 922r 10 count rule. Not sure if they are home rolled or Top Notch stuff.

NATO HK bipods are NOT the same as POF. POF is paki and is notorious for not being "quite" to spec. They "look" the same but that isn't the same as being the same.

My factory forearm fit on my PTR with only a little work on the plastic, owing to the larger diameter barrel the rifle came equipped with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

Is it all factory?

You don't think there could just be some out of spec bipods?  I'm pretty sure it's factory HK.  Aren't the NATO and POF bipods essentially the same?  I thought the NATO one's had a blacker finish than a factory HK bipod.  I don't think the NATO feet normally look like mine either.  I saw pics either here or hkpro and their bipod looked exactly like mine.

Oh the irony.

Sir, I don't think you have a clue in hell who you are talking to... but hey, carry on.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

Is it all factory?

Oh the irony.

Sir, I don't think you have a clue in hell who you are talking to... but hey, carry on.

Fuckoff.  I know the damn forearm is a factory HK forearm.  Mine didn't require any adjustment, but not all of them do.  It is really tight.  The only thing I said I wasn't 100% sure on was the bipod but I am pretty sure it is factory HK.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

Is it all factory?

I never said HK made a non-standard forearm.  Mine is a factory HK forearm.  It is identicle in every way to every other HK factory forearms I have seen and handled.  I was just suggesting maybe some of the feet are a little out of spec on the bipod.  You know a fuckup.  Oh and PTR's CAN have a foreign forearm.  The wide forearms they come with AREN'T US made.  I spoke to some guy at JLD and was told it would be legal to change the forearm as it is already a foreign part if your rifle came with a wide forearm.  He told me make sure not to change anything else that was US made like the buttstock which I already knew.  The only people who make a US wide forearm is Top Notch and they  don't come with those.  The PTR's that come with slim forearms are not at the part limit and can have 1 more non US part.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing.

Is it all factory?

I never said HK made a non-standard forearm.  Mine is a factory HK forearm.  It is identicle in every way to every other HK factory forearms I have seen and handled.  I was just suggesting maybe some of the feet are a little out of spec on the bipod.  You know a fuckup.  Oh and PTR's CAN have a foreign forearm.  The wide forearms they come with AREN'T US made.  I spoke to some guy at JLD and was told it would be legal to change the forearm as it is already a foreign part if your rifle came with a wide forearm.  He told me make sure not to change anything else that was US made like the buttstock which I already knew.  The only people who make a US wide forearm is Top Notch and they  don't come with those.  The PTR's that come with slim forearms are not at the part limit and can have 1 more non US part.

JLD is NOT using factory GERMAN parts for ANYTHING.

If it is not a US made part it is a POF part. Your forearm "at best" is POF.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#35]
You really seem to think you know everything there is to know about me.  I don't have the forearm that came with my PTR anymore.  It was POF but I replaced it with a factory HK forearm.  It's kinda funny how you keep telling me what I have when yo uhave no clue.  I even stated that I "had" a POF forearm.  I know because you are a dealer you think you are the oh so wise all knowing gun expert, but get over it.  You may be right about the bipod, but it is a factory forearm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Sorry about the crappy pic quality.  Oh and factory HK bipods from my experience are nice and tight when not deployed.  I had a POF forearm and bipod and the bipod would move side to side when not deployed with even the slightest pressure or just by gravity.   It was kinda sloppy.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You really seem to think you know everything there is to know about me.  I don't have the forearm that came with my PTR anymore.  It was POF but I replaced it with a factory HK forearm.  It's kinda funny how you keep telling me what I have when yo uhave no clue.  I even stated that I "had" a POF forearm.  I know because you are a dealer you think you are the oh so wise all knowing gun expert, but get over it.  You may be right about the bipod, but it is a factory forearm.

Here is what YOU wrote:

"The wide forearms they come with AREN'T US made. I spoke to some guy at JLD and was told it would be legal to change the forearm as it is already a foreign part if your rifle came with a wide forearm."

Also you DID NOT say you installed a factory German forearm.

You said:

"The rifle is a PTR I'm fairly sure the bipod and forearm is factory HK."

These are YOUR WORDS.

Going by YOUR WORDS I based my comments.

NOW you are changing what you said. Now you are saying:

"It was POF but I replaced it with a factory HK forearm."

This contradicts your earlier statement where you were "fairly sure" the forearm was factory German.

YOUR STATEMENTS combined with the fact that the parts in questions are CLEARLY NOT to factory spec leads me to the obvious conclusions that the forearm in question is NOT factory German.

Or in the alternative you could simply have the ONLY HK forearm and bipod that ARE all factory German but were deliberately made to be out of spec and don't match up. In which case your rifle is probably worth $10,000 because it is a special edition.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Fuckoff.  I know the damn forearm is a factory HK forearm.  Mine didn't require any adjustment, but not all of them do.  It is really tight.  The only thing I said I wasn't 100% sure on was the bipod but I am pretty sure it is factory HK.

An honor graduate of the Dale Carnegie course I'm sure...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#40]
When I made the statement that I was "fairly" sure it was factory I meant the bipod.  There iis absofuckinglutely no doubt that the forearm is HK or not.  I stated I changed the forearm from POF.  I did not say I put an HK forearm.  You are correct about that.  Sorry for not clarifying earlier.  You just tend to come off as a arrogant know it all as you have on many subjects that I have noticed.  It is factory.  I am not backtracking about anything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Thread needs more pics of hk91s.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Actually I'm about to go to my preventitive dentistry class.  I am a first year Dental Student.  There was 600 applicants and 60 spots.  So while I have a temper occasionallly when people insult me I am not a moron.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
When I made the statement that I was "fairly" sure it was factory I meant the bipod.  There iis absofuckinglutely no doubt that the forearm is HK or not.  I stated I changed the forearm from POF.  I did not say I put an HK forearm.  You are correct about that.  Sorry for not clarifying earlier.  You just tend to come off as a arrogant know it all as you have on many subjects that I have noticed.  It is factory.  I am not backtracking about anything.

Well in that case you have the ONLY HK forearm and bipod that ARE all factory German but were deliberately made to be out of spec and don't match up. In which case your rifle is probably worth $10,000 because it is a special edition.

She's a keeper.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I'm about to go to my preventitive dentistry class.  I am a first year Dental Student.  There was 600 applicants and 60 spots.  So while I have a temper occasionallly when people insult me I am not a moron.

It's OK.  Relax, bro.  Remember, breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.  After all, it's only the Internet....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange because mine has 3.

CZ75-

I have a HK91/G3 stock with a 3rd hole too. Mine HK91s do not have that stock, but the G3 stock set I bought from FAC came with that stock.

My stock with the 3rd hole is not German.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in that case you have the ONLY HK forearm and bipod that ARE all factory German but were deliberately made to be out of spec and don't match up. In which case your rifle is probably worth $10,000 because it is a special edition.

She's a keeper.

I just said you may be right on the bipod as I can not say for absolute certainty on that.  As for the forearm it is factory.  I never once said that the forearm is out of spec.  I said maybe the feet on the bipod are out of spec.  Thanks for twisting my words like you so expertly do.  I have seen pics online of another person showing his factory forearm and bipod and the bipod slightly interfered.  If I knew of a way to prove the forearm was factory I would just to show how much of an asshat you can be.  Anyways I have a Neuroanatomy exam now.  

BTW, so you think that everything HK has ever made is completely in spec?  That's funny.  While they have great QC nobody is perfect.  I never made the statement it was deliberate.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats debatable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, umm, I HAVE one of these rifles, and it shoots close to a minute with milsurp. Hasn't failed to feed or extract/eject in over 500 rounds.

Best rifle I've ever owned. What's your prejudice against the JLD made gun? That it doesn't cost $2300?

How can you even compare the two rifles.  You have a clone with POF parts and you are trying to compare it to a real HK.  If you believe that they are truly equal, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have for a small fee.  You can charge toll and make your money back!  

Dude get real, there is NO FUCKING COMPARISON between the PTR and a real HK.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's a keeper.

I just said you may be right on the bipod as I can not say for absolute certainty on that.  As for the forearm it is factory.  I never once said that the forearm is out of spec.  I said maybe the feet on the bipod are out of spec.  Thanks for twisting my words like you so expertly do.  I have seen pics online of another person showing his factory forearm and bipod and the bipod slightly interfered.  If I knew of a way to prove the forearm was factory I would just to show how much of an asshat you can be.  Anyways I have a Neuroanatomy exam now.  

BTW, so you think that everything HK has ever made is completely in spec?  That's funny.  While they have great QC nobody is perfect.  I never made the statement it was deliberate.

Dude take a breath.

I wasn't twisting your words, I quoted your words. And then I made some sarcastic statements BASED upon your words. The other guy you cited probably ALSO had POF parts as they are pretty common.

He was probably suggesting his parts were FACTORY HK in much the same way you came to a discussion about FACTORY HK91s with your PRT rifle.

If my quoting your words and making statements based upon what YOU said makes me  an asshat in YOUR mind then that is actually YOUR problem and your misconception.

You are trying to suggest the incompatability of YOUR BIPOD with YOUR FOREARM is possibly due to one being out of spec as a result of a quality control issue. I find that extremely unlikely and stated as much (which makes me an asshat in your mind).

I find it FAR more likely that the bipod or the forearm, or possibly BOTH are NOT factory German and produce a COMMON problem of incapatability. I also find it likely that you cannot distinguish or determine a factory German part from a HK contract part or even an aftermarket part. And having held both and determined they "look the same" is absolutely not enough.

And I told you as much in a round about, if sometimes sarcastic, way and I did it without calling YOU an asshat.

And if that makes me an asshat, well... I don't think I'm terribly worried about your opinion in this matter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you even compare the two rifles.  You have a clone with POF parts and you are trying to compare it to a real HK.  If you believe that they are truly equal, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have for a small fee.  You can charge toll and make your money back!  

Dude get real, there is NO FUCKING COMPARISON between the PTR and a real HK.  

And not to insult anyone, lest I be called an "asshat" again, I'd like to point out that a FACTORY HK 91 is at best a 2MOA rifle. I have a hard time believing a clone made from POF parts produces anything that is almost 1MOA.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top