Posted: 8/31/2004 1:56:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
try www.autozone.com and look in their free online manuals
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try www.autozone.com and look in their free online manuals

Thats a good idea.  I think they're system is Mitchell on Demand or something like that or you could sign up for an account on www.alldata.com (similar system).
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
With a test light, check for current at the horn connector itself.

Could be the horn, the horn relay, the contacts in the steering wheel, wiring or fuse.

Can you hear a small clicking sound inside the car with the engine off and doors closed when you press the horn button?

Danny

P.S. Sorry for all the edits.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Things to try...

1.  Jump the horn to the battery.
2.  Look for a relay instead of a fuse in the underhood fuse box.
3.  Tannerite?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yesterday i bought a 93 park ave. in really good shape. As i was trying to flip off a moron in traffic today i found the horn is dead.

Anyone know where the damn horn fuse is? I looked at the fusebox by the emergency brake. and on the firewall in the engine compartment. Nothing marked HORN. everything else in the car works so i don't think it's tied to anything else.

If it's dead i'll just put on one that plays DIXIE when i install the curb feelers next month.

I would find this strange except that I have met you and your from AL.  Don't forget the trunk mounted tackle box and the dip spit stains down the window.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a '94 Lesabre, almost the exact same vehicle.  My owners manual also lists nothing for the horn fuse and I have one of the service manuals but not the Electrical Service Manual.  I also checked the Haynes manual and there was nothing useful about the fuses or relays.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top