Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 6:31:04 PM EDT
Considering: The Accuracy Speaks kit, JP, or JARD.  

I want: about a 4lb short, light pull, NO FITTING/GUNSMITHING, and a reliable product.  Also, I shoot only military ammo, so it must work ok with hard primers (this pretty much rules out using the JP kit).  

I am leaning towards accuracy speaks...anyone care to help me decide?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The JP trigger is a good choice (just use loctite on the set screws), requires VERY minimal fitting of the disconnector, and if you want to use military ammo, just keep the factory hammer and spring; it'll still be a very light and short pull, but will strike the primers with plenty enough force.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Jard I have is easy to install and adjust. It has 2 or 3 different adjustments if I remember right.

It comes with a lightweight trigger spring, mine shows about a pound but various weights are available from the factory.  I found one at the hardware store to get me by.

Can't help you with striking force on primers because I've only used reloads.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember "pull my finger, Zardoz has spoken."  

Thanks for the advice, but I don't like the idea of needing loctite for the sets screws on the JP.  The idea of using my stock hammer and spring sounds ok, but I really wanted a nice trigger pull.  

I wonder how just the JP trigger (stock hammer) compares with the accuracy speaks kit that comes with a new hammer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as I have made up my mind by this Sunday...that's the big show in Lakeland.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a JP and am very happy with it.  I didn't grind anything, just went with the easy instructions and the orginal springs.  Never had any failure to fire or any problems.  I would buy it again.

Link Posted: 9/17/2002 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you use military primers?  How light is the pull and how short is it?

JP may still be an option if it will work reliably with my military ammo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
JP
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]
SO JP WILL WORK WITH MILITARY PRIMERS???

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Accuracy Speaks makes a good single stage, some say the best.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Will it be ok with hard mil. primers?  

I think I'll go with accuracy speaks, unless I hear otherwise here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the JP trigger/hammer combo. It needed a little work with a sander to get the safety to go on. (Your lower might not require this). I could have gotten around this by additional adjustments with the set screws, but the instructions talk about a quick way and the right way to install and adjust the trigger.  I went with the right way.  The sanding wasn't difficult, but it did take some time because you have to sand a little and assemble to check fit.  It took me a few cycles doing this because I didn't want to take off too much material at once.

I haven't had any primer related problems with this configuration when shooting military ammo. (This is based on several hundred rounds of IMI and Federal XM193). You may have different results.  If you will be betting your life on this rifle, I'd probably stay with the stock trigger. If you are looking for a sweet trigger for targets/varmints/plinking, the JP is a good choice. You can always put the heavier spring back in if you have problems with military ammo.

I have no experience with the other triggers you mentioned, so I can't help there.  I can say I am very happy with the JP setup.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top