Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2002 8:14:52 PM EDT
Here is the disagreement. I went to the Angels game tonight. When I came home my bride asked me what was the score. I said "7-1 Angels" so she says you mean "1-7" So a lob back my argument of "No. Its 7-1, you always put the winning score first then you say who had the winning score. Hence the reason why I said '7-1 Angels'"

Her argument was "Well, when you have the visitors listed first you put their score first AND THEN you say the home teams score"

Go ahead guys, tell her who is right! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
"Saying" has one format, "Printing/Displaying" has another.

The reason for the home/away format is for people who didn't go to the game.

If you were there, it's winning score/losing score, announce winner.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
winner first
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If you'd like to get any [sex] any time soon,
[center][size=4][red]SHE IS[/center][/size=4][red]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
games are listed as

Visitor @ Home
Visitor vs Home
Visitor - Home
etc

I'm not a big sports fan, but talking scores, I'd say for example;  "21 7 winner"

so sorry Mrs DrFrige, your husband is correct (this time) [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The correct answer is "Yes, dear".
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't need read the rest of your post to answer.
If you are married, your wife is always right.
I am sure that she has pointed this fact out to you often enough.  Lord knows that my wife has never missed an opportunity to point this phenomena out to me.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
"your wife is always right"

"she's right"

blah, blah, blah,

don't be whipped, you're right damnit! not her!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, you guys are funny.

The correct answer is, "Yes dear, you're absolutely right! I forgot it worked that way. By the way, can I go to next weeks's game?"

If you're going to play the "yes dear" game, you got to do it so you get something out of it in return.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't even have to read your post to know that your wife is right.  They're always, always right.
Always

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
games are listed as

Visitor @ Home
Visitor vs Home
Visitor - Home
etc

I'm not a big sports fan, but talking scores, I'd say for example;  "21 7 winner"

so sorry Mrs DrFrige, your husband is correct (this time) [:D]
View Quote

You have it backward.  When referring to a score that involves your team i.e., your alma mater you start with your team and then the challenger.  She is correct.  If you are referring to a team you have no stake in, then it is winner / loser.  He is correct.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Wrong - all of you.  The proper answer in this case is "Who cares?"  I've never been able to figure out the big deal behind "sports" anyhow...

Having said that - is she Italian?  I dated an Italian once - the more we argued, the hornier she got!

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Listen to Raven. Even if you're right, you're wrong!!!!!! Rocky, you can't win!!!!!!!!(Rocky IV)......
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
high score first, low score second, name of winner last.

You are correct in this argument.

Do not, I repeat do not let it go. When you are right you are right. It is no different than when you are talking to an anti gun rights person. If you give up or walk away, the person in the wrong believes they have won.

7 to 1 Angels. woohoo Angels rock!!!!

I still hate PRK.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Listen to this man. He speaks wisdom beyond comprehension.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:11:55 AM EDT
[#16]
You poor whipped no balls married fools who go along (admityourwrongwhenyournot) to get along[sex]....me I'd say, [;)] yes my luv [;)] and [rolleyes]...     [;)]marriage,the only other things that are refered to as institution's are correctional and mental.Sounds like the same catagory.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#17]
First of all, I could care less about the results of some kid's game played by overpaid prima donnas. When I want to watch baseball, I watch Pony League games. The kids are old enough to be pretty good and they play their hearts out for FREE.

Secondly, it doesn't really matter enough to argue with the wife about the minor points of proper protocol. Save the arguing for something that's worth it.

You are being made a victim of an old female ploy where they lose a bunch of dopey little arguements accumulating points for winning the BIG arguement.

Trust me on this one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:00:40 AM EDT
[#19]
A wise (married) man will realize that it is sometimes better to be happy than to be right...
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Well atleast you got the score right and didn't have to try to explain why you didn't get it right, weren't paying attention or weren't there!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#21]
piccolo - [i]You are being made a victim of an old female ploy where they lose a bunch of dopey little arguements accumulating points for winning the BIG arguement. Trust me on this one.[/i]

You are either wise beyond your years, or you have been married for quite some time, or both. In any event . . . you got it![^]

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You poor whipped no balls married fools who go along (admityourwrongwhenyournot) to get along[sex]....me I'd say, [;)] yes my luv [;)] and [rolleyes]...     [;)]marriage,the only other things that are refered to as institution's are correctional and mental.Sounds like the same catagory.
View Quote

No, it's more like when you have been married for a while, you come to the realization that there really is only one woman who was cloned. We are all married to the same woman, and she is psychotic. There's no point in arguing with somebody who is nuts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]

You're turning the animals from AR15 against your wife (bride = newlywed)? The real score is

0-7-1  DrFrige - Angels - Vistors

There order of the last two scores is insignificant here.

I can see only one loser here. I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Don't let this post upset you. You have a bigger problem to concentrate on. :)

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Uh...it is actually "My wife and I"...
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here is the disagreement. I went to the Angels game tonight. When I came home my bride asked me what was the score. I said "7-1 Angels" so she says you mean "1-7" So a lob back my argument of "No. Its 7-1, you always put the winning score first then you say who had the winning score. Hence the reason why I said '7-1 Angels'"

Her argument was "Well, when you have the visitors listed first you put their score first AND THEN you say the home teams score"

View Quote

You are both right. It all depends on who is presenting the score. When most people talk about scores among themselves, they'll say winner first. Here's an example:
1) Look at the ticker scores on the bottom of the screen during football games on the major networks. Many of them list the straight order of the games, and will highlight or box the name of the winning team, so you often see the losing team listed first. But....
2) When you hear the actual announcers speaking of the game, they will say the score of the winner first.

So you're both right, and both wrong.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#26]
All that matters to me right now is that I am on verge of not winning $2000 because of the damn FDCGHs. They made me lose my job and they made me not have any money to place the $100 bet in Vegas I have been doing for YEARS on the Angels to win the Pennant.

As soon as game 5 is over I am going to kick the ass of the next FDCGH I see. Stay out of my way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Well sounds like you and your wife look at things differently, whats new in marraige,if you look at the big picture there really is not a right or wrong person in this issue, you look at it one way and your wife looks at it another.

What the real issue is, how can you effectively communicate this to your wife without causeing some sort of destruction to your relationship.

Because one thing about a women is that if they get the feeling that you dont listen to them, well you can kiss your relationship goodbye!

Know that you know how your wife sees this particualar issue, you can chalk this up as a learning tool so to speak for future instances.

A simple way to refraze your next scoreing report would be as followed, and I am useing this angles score as an example.

Well honey the game was great. The angles won the game tonight. The score was angles 7 and loseing team 1.

After this if your wife so chooses to try to correct you, let her, it is not that big of a deal, you might view this a form of disrespect or something else, but what the real issue is if you will let your wife say what she thinks, even if you view it as wrong, because the damage that can happen is that your wife will get the message that you dont care about how she feels, and you do not listen to her. And believe me, you dont want those two things to happen.

If your wife looks at things differently just agnologe her point of view, affirm her point of view. Dont correct her, she is a grown women, she does not need you to be her parent!

Pick you battles, this one is not worth it.

I had a friend say something to me recently that makes so much sense. When we get married, us men are given a gift of respect from our wives, us men go along and destroy that gift over time, then we reap the consequences for it, and spend many years trying to earn that respect back.

I suppose advice would be to try to limit the amount of damage you do in your relationship if you want to have a marrage 5-7 years down the road. Let your wife express her views to you,and dont belittle her for it, even if she is wrong. In a relationship you can be right, and then you can be dead right. Dead right meaning that your persute of being right will cause alot of death in your relationship. If you dont agree just say honey we will just have to respectfully disagree and leave it at that and change subjects, but make sure that you make the impression on your wife that you have listened to her and did not correct her. Most women will see a man who continually tries to correct them as being controlling, and you sure as hell dont want that to happen!

Just let it go, differences in reporting a score of a sporting event dont really matter anyway.

We as husbands are to love,and serve our wives anyway, and this at times means that we have to forgo being right, and just love and serve our wives. If you love and serve your wife, your wife will respect you more then you can imagine!

But if you force the issues and demand that your point of view is always right, I guarentee you in a matter of time your wife will die in her soul and she will not respect you, and then you will hear her say my husband does not care about the way I feel, and he is not interested in my point of view. She will say I dont feel it is safe for me to express my points of views,and my husband is controlling me, and all forms of communication will just die!

Your choice, you can be right, or you can be dead right!

Love and serve your wife,let her express her points of views, and dont always try to correct her, people are different, if we were all the same, and looked at things all the same, life would be boring.

What is more important in marriage is unity, and you as the husband set the tone for stability,and unity.

A simple thing such as differences in reporting a scoreing event can give a women so many different messages of how you love her! As dumb and simple as it may appear to you as a man, it is much more in depth and speaks much more to a women!

Love and serve your wife!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I can't believe you didn't get something this important settled before you got married.  Imagine the trouble you will have reporting a five set tennis match 6-4, 7-6(7-4), 6-7(7-6)3-6, 7-6(14-12) or a cricket match.....migod man, I feel for you.

Anyone know how horseshoes are scored?

Edit:  You found Mrs. Right, you just didn't realize her first name was Always.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#29]
i didnt have to read much: when it comes to sports the man is always right.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#31]
MinuteMan3 is right.  Good advise.

(on a lighter note)...
Your wife is always right.  That's why I divorced mine![:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Uh...it is actually "My wife and I"...
View Quote

Hielo,
Are you sure about that?  "I" would be used if he were the subject of the sentence, but he's not the subject of this sentence.

The sentence has an implied "You" in front of it:  "(You) help me and my wife...."

"(You)" is the subject of this sentence.  The rule is that unless "I" is the subject of the sentence, it's "me".  Go back to school!  (Just kidding).

Would you say, "Help I"?  No, you would say "help me".  Where, again, "you" is the implied subject of the sentence.  Sorry to steal your fire.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK, Please take this lightly.  I don't know you or your wife, but since you asked...

Sounds like you're in a classic, no win, power struggle.  Since that seems to be the case, you've both lost already, and if this is a re-occurring problem, I'd say that one or both of you is either insecure, is a control freak, or both.  If this is a one time thing, then have a good fight, and enjoy kissing and making up.

Who gives a f___ which is right and wrong.  There is really no right and wrong.  It's what we perceive to be right and wrong.  You perceive that you're right, and she perceived that she's right.  You're both right about who comes first, but you're both wrong for fighting about it.  If you want to take the scientific approach, just take a poll, see what most people think, and be content to know what percentage of who thinks what, and then realize that some day, you're going to die, and wonder why you didn't spend more time screwing and less time fighting.

Again, please take this lightly.  I even if I did, I would be very careful about the way you take this.  Don't mean to offend in any way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#35]
You're right. (Unless your wife is in the room. Then she's right.  But as soon as she leaves, you're right again.)
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#36]
If a man is alone in the woods with no woman around for miles, and he says ANYTHING, he's STILL wrong as far as the women are concerned!

Beware especially of the deadly traps they set for you:

"Honey, do you think I should get breast implants?"

"Honey, do you like these shoes?"

"Honey, how do you like my new hairdo?"

"Honey, does my ass look too big?"

"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"

All of those are deadly.

The responses, and why they're always wrong:

Yes:  So my boobs are too small for you, huh?
No:  What, don't you think I'm worth the money?

Yes:  You bastard, these are my OLD shoes!
No:  You jerk!  You have no taste like my mother always said!

Yes:  So that means you didn't like my old one and you never bothered to tell me?
No:  

Well...you get the idea.

She's right.  It's a Fact of Nature.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A wise (married) man will realize that it is sometimes better to be happy than to be right...
View Quote

very good advice!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I AM PICKING MY BATTLES AND DAMNIT I AM RIGHT!!!!

(as he looks over his shoulder to make sure the wife is not looking)

Funny though when she looked at this thread she (OF COURSE) agreed with the ones that said "Wife is always right" and just basically said , the ones that agreed with me are WRONG... geez... married life is so complicated.

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#39]
And this is the only thing you 2 can find to argue about?

You should have a long and happy marrage.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#40]
If a man in the woods says something and there is no woman to hear him, is he wrong ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Honey...7 to 1 Angels.

Thats the way it has been for years...winner first. Honest.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Of all the games, whether it is football, soccer, hockey, or baseball, I've watched on television,  it is usually the winning score that comes first before the losing score regardless if it is the home game.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And this is the only thing you 2 can find to argue about?

You should have a long and happy marrage.
View Quote

Actually we split up because of this... she wont budge and neither would I ... so, ITS OVER!!! I feel I won this arguement so the score is "1-0... ME!" [;)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#44]

The answer is: "Don't worry about things that don't concern you, just get in the kitchen & get me a beer dammit!" [+]:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top