Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 11:06:30 PM EDT
On a KF lite+ clone
What the hell am I doing wrong?
I've wasted about 30 ml trying to get this to work, can't afford this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the wicking material.
Make of kayfun
if you bought one of those so called improved rebuilt black editions from that fucking lying cocksucker artimus you got FUCKED... send it back and get your money back.  he ass fucked you for 20 dollars more than what they are going for... FUCK THAT lying motherfucker.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I didn't get it from him, this is not the ehpro, but the other that is recomended on this site.
Can't think of the name off hand.Tobeco I think
I tried the wick that came with it, and re-wicked it with cotton, neither worked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure cotton not blocking juice channel

Also I took the oring between the chimney and deck out that might help
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics of your build?

I'd be happy to take a few of mine if you think it would help you out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Gurgle and dry hit? Is the battery actually discharging when you hit the button? Sounds like the coil is not heating up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Burnt taste or just no vapor?  If your wick is dry its going to burn and taste horrible.   If not then your coil may not be heating up.  Reasons could vary.

If you fir it for about 5 seconds amd no vapor check different parts of your mod for heat. If wires battery cpnnections or the base of the tank are getting warm you probably have a short somewhere.  If not you may have a bad connection somewhere or your coil has too much resistance.  

Did you fire the coil with no wick to make sure its heating up properly?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to dremmel out one of my juice channels on mine (Hcigar clone), since I did that I have had zero leaks, gurgle or dry hit issues like in the past. I can't say this fixed the problem exactly but it worked for me.

I got discouraged also and ended up putting it away for a few weeks. Now that I have fixed it, I use it daily. We can help you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Dremelling out the juice channels helped me as well in terms of avoiding dry hits.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]
When I say dry it, I'm talking burnt cotton
The channels are clear, I hit on it and it floods and gives a burnt hit at the same time, and yes the coil is firing good.
I don't have a way to take a pic, my camera died.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I say dry it, I'm talking burnt cotton
The channels are clear, I hit on it and it floods and gives a burnt hit at the same time, and yes the coil is firing good.
I don't have a way to take a pic, my camera died.
View Quote

Cotton too tight in the coil?

Also, what is the ohms of the coil, and what device are you firing it on?

ETA: How's the airflow, too tight, too loose?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, it's a strange combination.

Burnt cotton would tend to indicate insufficient juice flow, while gurgling would tend to indicate too much juice flow or a bad vacuum seal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to have to pull it apart, when I adjust the airflow screw, it doesn't change anything.'
It may be plugged up in the area from the coil to the air screw.
I did pull it apart and cleaned and inspected it when I got it.
The cotton is loose in the coil, in fact maybe too loose
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Too loose will cause that. I did that a lot when I first started using cotton. It cant be too tight because it swells but if its too thin it wont hold enough juice and a few consecutive hits will burn tge cotton before more juice can travel up to the coil.  I pack em so it isnt hard to pull through the coil but there is just enough resistance to where you could tip the mod if you gave it a fast yank.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#14]
What wattage are you running, or if you only have VV what is your resistance and voltage?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Running 8- 10 watts on a 2 ohm coil.
Cotton loose shouldn't produce burnt cotton, but will produce flooding, so that's not it, it's both
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, got it.
The center screw that holds the block/coil has a hole in it that wasn't lined up with the air passage, loosened it up.
Turned another coil at 1.9 ohm, another cotton wick, and it blows smoke,, still spits a bit but not bad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top