Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 8:23:32 PM EDT
I walked around the Mobile gunshow for a while today and was struck at all of the embellishment, lies and flat out illegal crap I saw and heard.

One guy was harping a "pre-ban CETME." Is there such a thing? Maybe there is but this one had the same old muzzle brake all the others have but had a bayonet lug in place of the "compliance cap" that the others have. The markings looked the same as the other CETMEs. He wanted $700 for it.

Another guy had AR-15 parts guns with straight cut off post ban type barrels with those cheap assed allen screw brake and collapsible stocks. He was telling this old man that it was "grandfathered but not a pre-ban." WTF?! I mean, I think all those laws are BS like the next guy but I would hate to see some guy get in trouble for BS like that so some asshole can jack up the price of a $500 gun.

Another guy was selling NIW AR mags clearly marled LEO/Gov on the sides for $24. They were selling like crazy. I hope no one feels any heat from that crap. Same guy had SARs for $500 telling folks they were about to "doouble in price."

Of course the show was also full of the usual  ridiculous prices, rigged up crap and freaks.

Another great show!  :)
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes there are pre-Ban CETME rifles and they are around $3000 plus "IF" you can find one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
uhhhh ohhhh ANOTHER gun freak show topic....
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes there are pre-Ban CETME rifles and they are around $3000 plus "IF" you can find one.
View Quote

Actually there are preban CETMEs in semi auto. The 2002 Standard Catalog of Firearms values them at $2,500.00 but prices are conservative (ie. they value a Colt Sporter-Blue Label Pre94'at $1,350.00 New In Box), so $3,000.00 is not far from the mark. In additon very few CETMEs were imported and this is why they cost more than a HK91. So they are actually kinda rare.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
On the CETMEs, I think the importer for most/all of them was MARS.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3626954[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top