Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2001 1:14:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What's sad is he'll probably go to his grave bitchin how the people down the street put him out of business. Talk about clueless!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, talk about shooting yourself in the @$#!.  

Hiram, you know what I think you should do?  I think you should take 10 minutes and write this guy a nice letter and explain to him what he has just done.  I know you're pissed but I think people need to be told when they act that stupid.  I also know you'll never spend another dime at his shop, but still, the idea is sound.

Tell him how much money you have spent with him in the last few years and assure him that you were indeed going to use that ammo for your own purposes.

The best revenge you can get from this is for him to see his ridiculous mistake.  I think it's worth a stamp and 10 minutes.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people don't realize who butters their bread.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I say, "THE HELL WITH HIM"!!! If he's going to act like a complete jerk to a once loyal customer, you don't need to give him another minute of your time.

I'm getting sick and tired of some of these dealers that think the world revolves around them and when things aren't going just right they want to blame everyone else for their problems.

F#$@ HIM!!! FEED HIM FISH HEADS!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a very similar experience out on long island... I had spent well over 2K in a local store, but had recently purchased ammo at another store and found that their prices were much cheaper.  The next time I went to the store and was buying some ammo for a trip to the range, I politely asked if they match prices of their competitors... the guy went nuts!  He got so angry and rude.  He told me that if i didnt like his prices I could go some place else... and I did...

The following week I went into the other store with the cheaper prices and told the owner the story... He got such a kick out if, he gave me 5 boxes of Wolf 7.62 for free!  I spent about 3K in his store since then... soon to be more... thats how you make business!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like he needs his Prozac dosage adjusted.

Was this the place you were trying to increase their business a while back with internet sales?  If it's not the place please post or e-mail that info. Still looking for a P-229. TIA
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Between ecentric gun shops and worthless gun shows, the anti-gunners won't have to work very hard to steal our hobby from us.

Sometimes makes me wonder who's side the gun vendors are on.  It seems they're clearly not in it for the long term.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Just give the poor guy some slack. Everybody has a bad day and should be given another chance.
Some restaurants I swore I would never patronize again, I wind up going there later because of friends and find out the place is good now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Copy this thread and mail it to him.
That should give him something to think about.

"Hey buddy, I've been a good and loyal customer.With your attitude, you're flushing your business down the crapper".[img]www.harrythecat.com/Graphics/k/toilet2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hiram,

I think you should send him a letter, not because you are being a nice guy, but because you want to rub it in a little. Right now he is thinking that he stopped the other shop from spying on him, and it makes him feel good. Will he still feel good when he finds out what he really did, that he drove away a very good customer, and make sure you tell him exactly how much you have spent in his shop and that you will never enter his shop again. You can not actually give him a kick in the ass but you can make him want to give himself a kick in the ass. He who laughs last.  

A friend of the family did something similar to a car dealer. He always bought a new Cadillac every two years, once when he went into a dealer to purchase a new car, he was dressed in work clothes and the salesmen paid no attention  to him because he did not look like he could afford a new Cadillac. Well he got ticked off and left and went to another dealer where he was treated right and he purchased his car. A few days later he returned to the first dealer but this time wearing a suit, so guess what a salesman immediately asked what he could do for him and he asked him to step outside where he showed him his new car and told him where he bought it and why and that he was going to purchase his next car from the other dealer.  The salesman was not very happy about losing the commission.

So send him a letter and rub it in real good.  

There is a shop in my area that also has the wrong attitude. This shop was just taken over by a new owner who is related to the previous one and he has a bad attitude toward his customers. It is not that he treats them bad in his shop but that he feels that since he owns the shop he can come and go as he pleases. He is supposed to close at 6:00 which is what it states on the door but he is almost never there until 6:00. Sometimes he closes at 5:30 other times at 5:00 or even 4:30 or worse yet never even bothers to open. I used to go there all the time but now I go to another shop. I got tired of going there to get something and finding him not open. I was even going to give him some freeware and shareware for the computer he just installed and help properly set his system up. But every time I went there he was closed, I tried calling him early in the day with no luck, even one of my friends thought he had closed up. Well I finally found him open one day and I asked him what happened and he told me that he had a life and had other things to do other then be in the shop all the time. I told him that he should have at least put a note on the door that he was not going to be open his normal hours so people would not come to his shop for nothing. He even stated that it was his shop and he did not have to explain anything to anyone and if someone did not like it they could go elsewhere. Well I have decided to go elsewhere.

There is also another shop that is now closed where the owner told a very good customer to leave simply because this customers friend was in the shop and going to trade a pistol for something and he told his friend that he  should keep the pistol and just purchase the item he was interested in. I guess the dealer really wanted that pistol since he got very angry and ordered his soon to be ex good customer out and not to come back. And this customer had spent several thousand in his shop in the last few months, and was his best customer.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Retailers complain about a lack of customer loyalty, but it works both ways. for over 20 yrs, I did 10 to $15M of business with a major dealer.  2 years ago they tried to pull a bait and switch, on me and others (this was during the Y2K and Calif. "Last Chance" period).   Well, they lost a loyal customer, and more importantly, they lost a supporter who will never...never refer another shooter to them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
We need to hire ourselves (ar15.commers, that is) a staff psychologist to divine why so many gun dealers act like such a##holes.  Like many other people on the board, I spend a fairly large percentage of my income on my hobby.  It baffles me why I get treated the way I do in some shops and by some gunshow dealers.  They are putting their own selves out of business.  I have my own solution.  It's called "mailorder".  Sure, a lot of them will screw you over too (InterOrdnance and Burns Bros comes to mind), but at least you can be treated like crap in the comfort of your own home.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you should just make it easy on yourself.......confess you REALLY ARE a SPY and give him $100 cash to forgive you and let you continue to shop in his establishment.Honesty is the best policy!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The best revenge you can get from this is for him to see his ridiculous mistake.  I think it's worth a stamp and 10 minutes.

CMOS
View Quote

I agree , write the guy and include this thread, you dont ever have to buy again but atleast this way the guy will realize hes a dope...jmho, JC
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, that sure makes alot of sense. SPEND hundreds on ammo FROM a competitor?

Maybe but that would seem like too much trouble considering that he is alreadying hurting from having to compete with them.

Oh well!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Hiram: Hows about posting the shop name?
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a similar experience in a Wal-Mart once.

Meat Dept manager thought I was a spy just because I was using my cell phone and walking up and down the aisle looking at prices.

He told me I'd have to leave if I was gonna use my cell phone.  

Before I walked out I told him he should also start stopping people with shopping lists cause they were probably not really shopping lists and they were more than likely copying down all his meat prices cause they were probably on a covert meat spying mission also.

I don't think he got it.

Idiots.

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Hiram,

You have spent more than $6K at this guys place and he doesnt know what you do? He doesnt know you couldnt possibly be from the other shop?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hiram, you know what I think you should do?  I think you should take 10 minutes and write this guy a nice letter and explain to him what he has just done.  I know you're pissed but I think people need to be told when they act that stupid.  I also know you'll never spend another dime at his shop, but still, the idea is sound.

Tell him how much money you have spent with him in the last few years and assure him that you were indeed going to use that ammo for your own purposes.

CMOS
View Quote

Hell, I'll write the letter if you want.

I like writing/calling f*ckfaces.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:52:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Hiram,

You can't go wrong by doing business with Zack's up in Round Lake, might take you a few minutes longer to get there, but I never saw a guy bend over so far for his customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top