Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 7:24:18 PM EDT
HARTFORD -- While gun control efforts met stiff opposition in Washington on Tuesday, a key committee of the state General Assembly unanimously approved requiring criminal background checks prior to all gun sales in Connecticut.
The bill next heads to the state Senate, pending active negotiations among legislative leaders on a series of proposed responses to the December slaughter of 20 first-graders and six adults in Newtown.
"It's more or less the minimum that we should be doing in response to the Newtown tragedy," said Rep. Steven T. Mikutel, D-Griswold, a committee member. "I'm a strong advocate for sportsmen, but I don't think one can really argue against criminal background checks for the purchase of guns."
The new law would cover private sales and transactions involving rifles that are not now subject to criminal background checks.

Legislative leaders on Wednesday will continue closed-door discussions on the possible expansion of the state's ban on assault weapons to include semi-automatic rifles similar to the Bushmaster used in Newtown; a limit on the number of bullets in a gun magazine; as well as universal background checks.

more at: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Gun-control-efforts-rise-in-Conn-4368442.php
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Conn.  Commie fucks.  Has nothing to do with "sportsman". Everybody knows that UBC will not and cannot stop the next mass shooting - it's just the next step in the plan to ultimately disarm the population.  Can't get rid of the guns if you don't know where they are.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't of stopped dumbass from stealing his mothers firearms after killing her.  Then using them to commit more crimes...

There, I argued against criminal background checks for gun purchases.  Fucking moron.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This kind of retoric BS isn't going away.

Gosh I hope the 2014 vote will be one to remember, for us!

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
How would this have stopped the Sandy Hook massacre?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
We are doing UBC not registering your guns, honest

vote the fuckers out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How would this have stopped the Sandy Hook massacre?

This should be the quote in large letters on every poster held up in front of the capitol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, we are fighting this tooth and nail.

If we walk away with UBC, we are really lucky.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck Conn.  Commie fucks.  Has nothing to do with "sportsman". Everybody knows that UBC will not and cannot stop the next mass shooting - it's just the next step in the plan to ultimately disarm the population.  Can't get rid of the guns if you don't know where they are.

I have the solution...

1. We as Americans have to do our part and give eerything we got to get most of these liberals voted out in the next few years.

2. Its really on the gun manufacturers.  The plan should be this...  Do whatever it takes, hire more workers if they have to, and produce about 50 million more semi-automatics within the next 4-5 years.  Sell them all at great discount prices so everyone who wants one can afford one.   The after effect?  The amount of semi-automatics in U.S. circulation becomes so high that the dems won't have a prayer to pass a ban ever again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Connecticut is royally screwed. I'm afraid that no matter what, Connecticut gun owners are in for a royal fucking. But then so are Californians. No matter what y'all end up with, we will get it a little deeper.
edited for rum influenced spelling.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Connecticut is royally screwed. I'm afraid that no matter what, Connecticut gun owners are in for a royal fucking. But then so are Californians. No matter what y'all end up with, we will get it a little deeper.

edited for rum influenced spelling.

Not so sure. Think about it like this. UBC's would only cover all future sales or transfers, not guns already owned unless they're transferred at some point later. There's already at least 2 million unregistered handguns and probably twice as many unregistered long guns in circulation throughout the state.  More unregistered guns already than people in CT.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top