Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 10:27:10 PM EDT
Yup, I'm all full of bloodlust.

Finally got my Savage 12 build put together, tested it a few days ago and worked up a load for it....me likee. Puts 40 grainer .223's into a dime all day long.

But, you know how it is. When you've got an efficient instrument of DEATH, you must use it (or so the VPC tells me).

Conveniently, there was an enemy lurking in my back yard. A devil of destruction, a careless miscreant who had been taunting me and making my life miserable. This thing must die.

Today, I see the rascal heading for my shed, where it had been busy burrowing under the foundation and making holes, but I'm watering flowers and the hose is not a proper dealer of death. Earlier in the week, I tried unsuccessfully to hit it with a rock. It only missed by 12 feet, and the little furry satan laughed all the way back to its lair.

Later in the day, however, I was prepared.....or at least I didn't have anything better to do.

My wife calls to me while doing the dishes. "Honey, your little friend is in the yard again!".

I jumped into action. I got up out of the chair, still wearing my tactical gym shorts and old t-shirt. I sprinted to the gun room where my loaded rifle of doom awaited me. I slinked out the front door, so as not to alarm the pest, and came around the house to see the little booger dancing a jig in the back yard (actually, it was standing straight up.....giving me a clear target. So, I raise the gun, aim low (i'm too close), and just as the devil senses me and goes down to the ground to run, I squeeze...

Die, you furry bastard, DIE!!!!

Clean shot, right under the arm and out the chest cavity. Perfection!

I went back inside, feeling very proud of myself, and finished my Fruity Pebbles like a man. Then, I went outside and threw the critter away before my daughter came home and saw it because dead things make her cry.

I feel so alive. I should have cut its heart out and chewed on it, but I didn't wanna get blood on my t-shirt.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see any blood.  I think its posing.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Under the arm, entrance wound. The blood was underneath it....it rolled into the splatter. Trust me, it was bloody.....glorious, wonderful critter blood.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Under the arm, entrance wound. The blood was underneath it....it rolled into the splatter. Trust me, it was bloody.....glorious, wonderful critter blood.

Speaking as someone who once shot (4 times)a Red Squirrel which annoyed me, with a .35rem Marlin......

Congratulations!  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is it?

Mexican immigrant.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking as someone who once shot (4 times)a Red Squirrel which annoyed me, with a .35rem Marlin......

Congratulations!  

Guess you didnt need a trash bag at that point
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is it?

Mexican immigrant.

Chupacabra?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is it?

Mexican immigrant.

Chupacabra?

And it was drinking Tequila and dancing the lambada
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice shot, scratch one up for the good guys!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 staged

A 40 gr. HP should have cut him in 2

I am close to ordering some of the Ammoman frangibles for this purpose
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally, a thread where one can ask "Did you draw down?" and the answer will be "Yes, Yes I did."
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL.  COC Violation.  IBTB.  Titties.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I think you killed it like you said you did, but then posed it with that open armed pleading type look to anger the PETA croud.

Good for you and happy hunting
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
It amazes that you can shoot right outside your own house and not get the police called.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It amazes that you can shoot right outside your own house and not get the police called.  

I live in the country....I have a range in the yard too.

Quoted:

+1 staged

A 40 gr. HP should have cut him in 2

I am close to ordering some of the Ammoman frangibles for this purpose

Shoot some more groundhogs. I've put everything from .45 to .303 throught them. There's no "always" with wounds on these solid, girthy little animals. The exit wound on this was about 50-cent piece sized, clean and circular. Other times, a 40 grain V-max will open them up like a soda can. Depends, but trust me this was not a staged picture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top