Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 1:39:28 PM EDT
Did anybody hear about this on NPR just a while ago?

Don's guns in indianapolis.

if you heard the interveiw....he is the type of gun store owner you must avoid....for anything.
he spouted about hos he burned his AW to show support for the ban 10 years ago, but sells them today because people buy them.

he doesnt want to sell standard cap mags to average joe but he has 5000 in stock ready to sell when the ban sunsets.

he also says he supports a bill that bans private sales. he wants you to come in the store and transfer the weapon.

this guy has no idea what he does to the world of shootingsports when he goes on NPR and spouts this shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a multiple personality disorder poster child.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought that everybody who owns guns was a supporter of gun rights.

we could only wish.

but what i thought was strange, was the fact that he sells them and will most likely make alot of money on them come sunset...and hes still a bolt action only bitch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES>
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Don Davis gives used car salesmen a GOOD name!  He is the epitome of the stereotypical used car salesman, and crooked as the day is long.  He doesn't "want to make any money, he just LOVES to sell guns!"  I've heard that because of some past shady dealings, that HE doesn't have the FFL, his wife does.  (that is rumor, and I have no reliable source to confirm).  That being said, everything in his store is at or ABOVE MSRP, and he tends to deal in large volumes of Jennings/Bryco, Hi-Point, and other "quality" firearms.  You can rent NFA to fire on his range though, and it would be fun to do if I didn't feel the need to shower every time I am near his store or see or hear about him!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Please tell me you would head for the exit if you saw this shyster behind the counter!

Don:

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I checked Don's Guns out when I moved to Indy back in 1994.  I haven't been back since.  Don is a shitbag and low class hypocrite.  His employees are clueless assholes and his prices are obscene.  Anybody buying anything from Don gets what they deserve.

IIRC, he can't legally own a firearm or an FFL, so he has somebody else run the store for him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I checked Don's Guns out when I moved to Indy back in 1994.  I haven't been back since.  Don is a shitbag and low class hypocrite.  His employees are clueless assholes and his prices are obscene.  Anybody buying anything from Don gets what they deserve.

IIRC, he can't legally own a firearm or an FFL, so he has somebody else run the store for him.

why cant he legally own a gun? or FFL?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy is a tool. I go to Plainfield to get to a good gun store.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't this the same guy who, a few years ago, was making a big stink about gunshows being evil and full of urban terrorists?  IIRC, it seems that he wanted to outlaw gunshows so that everybody would have to buy guns in an actual (his) strorefront.  

We don't need traitors like this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Cheeks at PSS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't believe nobody has said this yet:

He's the John Kerry of gun store owners.

I  burned them... but then I sold them... but I'm against them.. but I still sell them.

Idiot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Like the Hi-Point above his head. Asshat.

I hate NPR. They're never getting another dime from me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheeks at PSS?

Bob Cheeks is good people.  He runs a nice store.  I bought my last three handguns from PSS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheeks at PSS?

Bob Cheeks is good people.  He runs a nice store.  I bought my last three handguns from PSS.

It's been awhile since I've been up there, but he always had some really good pricing, and lots of interesting guns.  I wasn't trying to bash him, just wondering if that was who he was refering to!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top