Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:05:00 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a new safe as what I have won't hold all my stuff and besides it isn't fire rated. (Guess I can use it for accessories, ammo, etc.) My local shop has a "Safari" brand that he says he sells 3 to 1 to the other brands they carry, and recommends it as a better value than Browning or Liberty that he also sells. The model I am looking at is 40 inches wide, 28 inches deep, weighs 850 lbs. and has a split design that is convertible from half shelf & half long gun to all long gun or all shelf. I won't be storing all that many handguns (6-8) but I will be storing quite a few long guns. This particular one holds either 22 or 44 based on how the interior is set up. My cost would be $1600.00 and they will deliver & set up for $100 more. It is 10 ga. steel with a 1" steel door & 1" locking bolts, & has an electronic type 1 keypad lock.  I have seen this particular model on the 'net at $200 or more. Thanks for your input or suggestions!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems a little expensive, then again I paid more for my National Security safe a few years ago.  Check around a few more shops and compare the size/fire rating and price.  If this Safari beats all the others then go for it.  That size and only 850 pounds seems it is missing something.   Mine is 42.25" x 72.5" x 28" and is around 1500 pounds.   Instead of 22/44 guns it is more like 15/30 if your lucky thanks to pistol grips, optics etc.  

Good price on delivery & installation, mine was 350 but it was also about a 40 mile drive.

Flashlight or chemlight ontop of the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top