Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 1:37:37 PM EDT
I wonder if  Guns or gun control will be an issue in any one of these upcoming debates. I have a feeling that Kerry might bring up the AWB and that Bush was wrong to let it expire.  He'll probably say that terrorists wanted the ban to sunset so they could buy their weapons here now or some shit like that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You know what, I hope Kerry does say that. With a dumb ass remark like that even more fence sitters will get off to the right.
Edited to add: What time should the debate be on tv, please include time zone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun control wont come up at all. Neither politician wants to lose votes and this issue is a death knell, thanks to the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
He'll be even a bigger damn fool than he already is!

The Democratic Party KNOWS that gun-control is a losing issue for them.  They've told Kerry (and all canadates) to back off, but Kerry being Kerry just keeps running off at the mouth.

Notice the "I'm a sportsman and support the Second" horseshit that has been making headlines in the past few weeks?  That's not about gun-control, that's about suckering in the deer hunters and shotgunners (the gun-control shit happens AFTER he gets in).

Oh and the correct response from the President when asked that question regarding terrorists and the AWB would be "Laws only affect the law-abiding.  Since when has any terrorist ever concerned themselves with following the laws of any nation?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gun control wont come up at all. Neither politician wants to lose votes and this issue is a death knell, thanks to the NRA.

The new "third rail" of politics.

"Here' Johnny boy, touch THIS rail - you'll get a KICK out of it...."

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It won't come up tonight. The first debate focus' on foreign policy, the second is a "town meeting" stlye debate, and the third is on domestic issues. If the gun control issue does come up, more than likely it'll be during the second.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
i dont think it will come up.

the expiration was a big deal 3 days before it happened.

now that is hasnt been in the news and no one gives a rats ass.

besides. bringing up he issue opens kerry up alot more than it does bush.
shall we talk about kerrys gun legislation voting record?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top