Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2002 1:44:20 AM EDT
Okay see if you can follow me here. These are just some thoughs of mine.

It occured to me tonight in reading various posts and articles that people who are anti-gun, and people who identify themselves through hate may have the same psycological response to each.

Condsider this, a person who hates, whether is is race, gender, sexual orentation, etc, hates out of fear. Fear of that which they do not understand, fear to understand, and fear that people will undertand that they are afraid of that which they hate.

Likewise, a person who is anti-gun is someone who hates guns because they also fear them. They fear guns because they do not understand them, fear of understanding them, and fear of social judgement due to their lack of appreciation/respect for firearms.

Both people who hate and anti-gunners surround themselves with people who think/fear the same things that they do. They both join groups of like minded people to justify their thoughts to thereselves.

Funny how the more people are different, the more they are alike.

Joey Dickoff Nazi Boy in Cour d'alane, Idaho = Annie Panzy Soccer Mom in Santa Barbara, California.

Just a few thoughts.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
When it comes to phsycology, Im pretty much an idiot, but that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 3:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yet there are plenty of politicians that fully understand guns but just want to keep control of you.  It's not about saving lives to them.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I agree there is a 100% correlation between hate and fear. Some argue there is a correlation between fear and a lack of understanding, but hate very often comes out of a very deep understanding of something.

I have met Vietnam Vets who hate firearms. I know an ex-Marine who feels guns should be banned. These two individuals both have a non-trivial understanding of firearms.

If I were to wager, I would bet most people who say they hate firearms actually do not hate firearms at all. Instead, they are simply trying to promote an agenda and use hate as a means to add emotional content to their message.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I sense much fear here.  Fear leads to hate.  Hate leads to the Darkside.

All kidding aside, I wonder if I hate the leftist weanie anti-gunners for being a bunch of emotional twinkle toes, or do I fear them because they are taking over.  Maybe both.

Fear them...

NAAAH!  Why fear a bunch of emotional twinkle toes?  You can probably make them run away and cry with a look.

Them fearing us...

OH YEAH, THEY DO!  Only because they are a bunch of leftist weanie anti-gunner emotional twinkle toes.  Watch out for people that fear you, what you have, or what you believe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Doublefeed....I think you are close but you forgot one very important point.....an armed man is not a serf. I think they fear being dead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top