Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:25:51 PM EDT
I am considering forming a new gun club and building ranges. Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:39:27 AM EDT
I have been a club officer. First thing you need to do is hook up with the NRA. They have guidelines & suggestions that will smooth the way considerably.

Good luck to you!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:44:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
I have been a club officer. First thing you need to do is hook up with the NRA. They have guidelines & suggestions that will smooth the way considerably.

Good luck to you!

They will give you all the help you need, they have people in each State that are well versed in this exact thing and will give you more info than you can imagine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:47:28 AM EDT
Can the NRA help a guy wanting a NICE backyard range? You know, help in keeping potential law enforcement problems and neighbor complaints to a minimum?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:58:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CBoone:
I am considering forming a new gun club and building ranges. Anyone have any experience?

At the very least you need a copy of the NRA Range Manual. It is available on their web site. It will tell you how to build a range and do it right, the first time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:04:23 AM EDT
The NRA resource is a helpful one.

I'd just say when you get around to getting members, don't REQUIRE
NRA membership as a prerequisite like the local pistol club in my town does.

I know it's a good theory, but, I hate, personally being told
I have to join X organization if I want to be part of the club.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:29:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

You know, help in keeping potential law enforcement problems and neighbor complaints to a minimum?

No such animal in existence, sir.
Top Top