Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2020 4:53:35 PM EDT
Im looking for scaled blueprints for the De Lisle Carbine. Preferably with dimensions or scaled where I can calculate off of it.

Why right? Well this is why.

I have this, in 44 mag. and its screaming to be done. Plan is to make it a One stamp gun. I will be changing it from a individual baffle design to a drop in mono core, after the form 1 completes. So ill use a solid block as a barrel extension.

And fixing the shroud to the barrel I can get it to a bit over 16 inches.

This is what its going to look like complete.

So can any of you hook a brother up? This is my final machining project for College. Which is this term.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont help the prints but Im here for moral support on a sweet ass project
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
well the first ones were carbon steel, then the ones by Holland and Holland were made of Duralumin which is 2000 series Aluminium. Im thinking Ill use Ti for the tube caps and supports. then do a 7000 series aluminum monocore.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
There used to be a guy that posted over at Bowers board who seemed to make Delisles or repros.
You could ask at new The Snugbus Express board. Someone will remember his handle.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Tis a sad fate for an bold, old action intended to feed the .303 goodness, but at least you are going .44 Remington Mag, so I can forgive.
Wish I could help you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you contacted Valkyrie Arms? They used to make them and stopped, so they might be willing to help out.

I don't have a DeLisle but I have something very close, so tag for interest.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been wanting a bolt action 45 ACP with a threaded barrel since like forever.

A blast with steel targets and good for backyard pest control.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
YES!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
What are the 2 holes and relief about? Given the otherwise exposed breech, they can't be emergency vents, can they?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool project, but it looks like you are going to omit the spent case box?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

correct. Not enough room. but its cool though. Just pick up brass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
You might also find this page helpful.

The De Lisle Silenced Commando Carbine
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What are the 2 holes and relief about? Given the otherwise exposed breach, they can't be emergency vents, can they?
View Quote

That's where the .303 stripper clip charger guide was.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the 2 holes and relief about? Given the otherwise exposed breach, they can't be emergency vents, can they?

Holy retardation...  Duh!  I think I'll just slink away from this thread now...
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You might also find this page helpful.

The De Lisle Silenced Commando Carbine
View Quote

thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
this will work!

Might have to go 2 stamp. there is an index screw in the back cap, and a barrel lock nut that would be a bitch to do.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet project, Mcnasty! Looks like your machining skills are up to snuff. What major?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good choice on .44 with modern baffle design it can be very quiet.

I was on the prowl for an Enfield to convert to .454 and the one I found was sporterized so perfectly; top grade Monte Carlo walnut, nickle trigger mag and bolt, the deepest blue I've seen in a long time. For $200 I couldn't pass and no way I'm messing with it. Havn't even shot it.

Converting an Enfield is classic gun smithing job and a perfect project to finish out your semester. You may never do one again but you will have paid your dues.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell yeah
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I've wanted to do something like this for a while. Looking forward to watching.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sweet project, Mcnasty! Looks like your machining skills are up to snuff. What major?
View Quote

Mechatronics. BUT, i have a AAS in machining/Gunsmithing from 94. they wouldn't let me carry over the old classes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good choice on .44 with modern baffle design it can be very quiet.

I was on the prowl for an Enfield to convert to .454 and the one I found was sporterized so perfectly; top grade Monte Carlo walnut, nickle trigger mag and bolt, the deepest blue I've seen in a long time. For $200 I couldn't pass and no way I'm messing with it. Havn't even shot it.

Converting an Enfield is classic gun smithing job and a perfect project to finish out your semester. You may never do one again but you will have paid your dues.

View Quote

heh, Ive done many p14/17 conversions over the years. I have a 14 that's been opened up for 460 WbyMag.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#22]
OH! and I must say, I didnt do the mag conversion, that came from another arfcommer that wanted me to finish it. He works with EDM tools for a living. He retired and didnt have time to finish it so he passed it on to me.

Thanks Peachy! I love ya bro! no homo.

@Peachy_Carnahan
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tis a sad fate for an bold, old action intended to feed the .303 goodness, but at least you are going .44 Remington Mag, so I can forgive.
Wish I could help you.
View Quote

The same action runs .45-70 quite nicely too.

OP, best of luck with the build. Love the idea.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Have fun with that
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Sent you an IM. Have you considered moving the set screw into the bottom of the front screw hole of the trigger guard? You need to drill it through into the barrel threads in the receiver and tap it. Then you can weld the tube to the back end cap which gets welded to the barrel and it's a 16" assembly.

https://collections.royalarmouries.org/#/objects Look up the DeLisle here and they have detailed photos. Both the prototype models and a production gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't know who took over after AIA (Australia  International  Arms), but they had a DeLisle offered for a long time. Along with the A10 I believe it was called. An Enfield converted to 7.62x39 and accepted the AK mag. I had an A10 long ago but sold it.
Always wanted one of their DeLisle copies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Fkn sweet
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Well looks like its on hold. Dad is now running a 102 fever, and goes in tomorrow for wuflu testing.

Luckily, they took off last week on Weds to go camping. and I didn't get over to the shop until Sat. And any time I was over there I had a respirator on.

So I think I dodged the flu but cant get into the shop for a few weeks now. Fuck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top